Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Helping out with site content
Harrison 23:35 18th July 2007
Your Battle Trucks review has now been promoted to Editor's Review/Warning.

I did a few grammatical changes and rearranged the structure of a few sentences in the review so it sounded a little bit better. Hope you don't mind.

I definitely won't be trying this game out. The screenshots alone put me straight off. I cannot believe that this was a commercial game. Most PD games from 1986 look better!
[Reply]
Submeg 23:47 18th July 2007
Wow, that is bad. Really bad
[Reply]
AlexJ 23:52 18th July 2007
Bet the boxart for it was pretty good though. I hated that, games that looked good on the shelf that turned out to be crap once you'd bought them.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:01 19th July 2007
I got stung many times with 8-bit Amstrad CPC software that way. The box art on some of the CPC games was really nice but you rushed home to play the games and were presented with something dire.

I didn't get caught out in this way much with the 16-bit era. I did a few times in the early days with the Atari ST, but by the time I had an Amiga I knew the games I wanted for it. Also with 16-bit software it was usually possible to try the games out first in the store before purchase which was good. Something that was not possible with the older tape based 8-bit games.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 00:23 19th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
I did a few grammatical changes and rearranged the structure of a few sentences in the review so it sounded a little bit better. Hope you don't mind.
But that was exactly what I spoke of whilst replying to Sharingan, I don't mind at all, it's great if you do this, that way it looks better, and it doesn't make me look like a moron
Originally Posted by :
Bet the boxart for it was pretty good though. I hated that, games that looked good on the shelf that turned out to be crap once you'd bought them.
It is the same thing with music covers, sometimes the just have great cover artworks, but the music just sucks. I sometimes got trapped myself
[Reply]
Harrison 00:33 19th July 2007
That is very true. I did too when buying LPs and EPs. Although equally you can also discover some great music that way. It's just luck of the draw and great fun finding out.
[Reply]
Submeg 13:46 19th July 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Also with 16-bit software it was usually possible to try the games out first in the store before purchase which was good. Something that was not possible with the older tape based 8-bit games.
Man could you imagine how much time would have been wasted winding tapes?

Originally Posted by Harrison:
That is very true. I did too when buying LPs and EPs. Although equally you can also discover some great music that way. It's just luck of the draw and great fun finding out.
Yea I have a similar experience...sometimes there is the 2 dollar bin at JB Hifi....I have found some awesome stuff in there...and also some really bad stuff
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:14 20th July 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
As you might've guessed, English isn't my native language
So what's your native language?
[Reply]
Sharingan 08:39 20th July 2007
Dutch

Technically speaking, I used to be a British citizen, but I've never lived in the U.K..
[Reply]
Harrison 11:10 20th July 2007
So your parents were British? Where were they from?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up