Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: LiveDOSGames
Harrison 14:09 9th February 2009
What is LiveDOSGames?

LiveDosGames is a free, portable, fast Linux Operating System, which contains old, but legendary Dos games. It's small, so it can be stored on an USB stick, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't contain the everyday, general programs(Media Player, Picture Viewer etc.). If you would miss something(Games, different editors etc.) then with a click you can activate it, and it automatically puts itself to the menu, it doesn't need any installation and configuring.

Yes, that's right! LiveDOSGames is a Linux Distro streamlined and pre-configured with DOSBox and bundled with 78 commercial DOS games (with many more being added soon). It is a fully functioning up to date Linux environment too, and uses a module based system to download and install extra parts into the OS. This is much better than the old Linux mothod of needed to download distribution packages and then compile them for your OS. Now it does this all automatically for you. Might nicer.

And you can run it from a 512MB USB memory stick too, so you could set on up and then do some gaming at work!

Take a look at http://livedosgames.com/
[Reply]
Harrison 14:17 9th February 2009
There is a video showing LiveDosGames running on YouTube, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d8on6W9K-I
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:25 9th February 2009
Well that's great, I'm gonna try this out. Do you have to boot from the stick?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:42 9th February 2009
Yes. Make sure you download the latest 0.3 release from the site as it has a better installer that means you don't need to do as much when setting the OS up. You do still need to edit a couple of text files though to set the OS language and graphics card drivers. This is explained on their forum in the LiveDosGames 0.2.1/Installation section.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:12 9th February 2009
Do you only get the torrent file?
[Reply]
Harrison 15:25 9th February 2009
For thee latest release they only have the torrent due to the amount of interest. They then make it available as a download later.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:30 9th February 2009
Ok, so I have to d/l it at home, torrents don't work here, which is totally understandable
[Reply]
Chewieshmoo 23:36 9th February 2009
Looks great I am checking this out thanks!!!!
[Reply]
svebbe 08:30 10th February 2009
awesome, os is going to be installed on my work's experimental os vmware server asap.
[Reply]
woody.cool 07:14 11th February 2009
I'm gonna try this out later ... sounds gool!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up