Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: LiveDOSGames
Chewieshmoo 07:48 11th February 2009
Booted on laptop, has potential however some sound and control issues in the games I have tried so far, this is running off DVD...........
[Reply]
Harrison 10:03 11th February 2009
Did you download the latest 0.3 release via the torrent?

Sound and control issues in the DOS games will be due to DOSBox configurations and these can be edited in the dosbox.conf file for each game.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:09 11th February 2009
I did everything like it says in the instructions for the Windows install, but when I boot from my USB stick I get a "boot error" message.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:47 11th February 2009
Does your PC support booting from USB? I would be surprised if it didn't as most made in the last 4+ years will. Might be a BIOS setting, or it could be something wrong with the Linux configuration settings. Probably best to see if anyone else has had the same problem on their forum.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:33 11th February 2009
Yep, it booted straight away from USB, it's barely one year old. Unfortunately their forum is rather empty and there are absolutely no posts at all.
[Reply]
Chewieshmoo 21:04 11th February 2009
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I did everything like it says in the instructions for the Windows install, but when I boot from my USB stick I get a "boot error" message.
I had same problem when I created the stick within the program however when I just dragged the contents from the DVD over to the USB stick it booted but unfortunately the interface was no longer in english and I do not know how to change it navigating the menus in Hungarian?
[Reply]
Harrison 23:03 11th February 2009
When you have copied the files to the USB stick, you then need to run the \boot\bootinst.bat script and follow the instructions.

Then to set the language you need to edit the file \boot\syslinux\syslinux.cfg

In that file is a line lang= which you can set with a two letter abbreviation for the language. Such as de for German or uk for English.

Read more about this on their forum here.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:05 12th February 2009
I did what you did FOL, burnt the iso file to DVD and then moved the files to the root of my USB stick to be able to change some options, which I did. But perhaps I made a mistake in the parameters, because I set the language to english, but not with the parameter uk, but en. Perhaps that's an issue (which I doubt)??

EDIT: That doesn't change anything either.
[Reply]
Tiago 16:55 12th February 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Does your PC support booting from USB? I would be surprised if it didn't as most made in the last 4+ years will. Might be a BIOS setting, or it could be something wrong with the Linux configuration settings. Probably best to see if anyone else has had the same problem on their forum.
If my BIOS have in boot options the "USB" option does it mean that it can boot?
Or can you have the same BIOS in 2 different computers and one of them can have and the other dont?

I have an Asus A6VA and it have the USB boot option, but i try once a bootable version on Linux in a 4gb pen, but didnt boot....
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:01 12th February 2009
Depends on BIOS of the PC. In some you just put USB as first booting device, in others you just enable the USB boot, so it boots on USB media first.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up