Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Snow
Harrison 10:46 10th February 2009
So you are in Lapland, Sweden? Nice

You definitely get quite a bit more snow that the UK! And I think you could teach our government and local authorities a thing or two about how to deal with snow! In the UK everything turns to chaos at the sight of 1 cm of snow! It's mad. All the trains get delayed or stopped, the public transport (buses) all stop running, motorists have no idea how to drive in adverse weather conditions and still try to drive the same way, skidding and slipping on ice and crashing into other cars and barriers on the motorways. Is just stupid.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 22:37 10th February 2009
Some very good pictures Steve.
Good quality camera or just general expertise on your part?
Bit worried that you took one of a house with a red light on in the room upstairs though.

First bit of decent snow here in a long time.
The local kids actually got the chance to make a snowman for a change.
Only one night and the following day but still.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 12:13 11th February 2009
Originally Posted by svebbe:
A webcam over the "city" where I live....
http://www.storuman.se/templates/Page.aspx?id=229

Its been more snow here but its still some snow tho..
Nice to see another Scandinavian here. Tjenare! Hur er läget?

We've got tons of snow as well. Have spent quite a bit of time shoveling lately, that's for sure. It doesn't help that the big tractors they have here sprays all of the snow from the road into our parking space either.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 17:30 11th February 2009
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
Some very good pictures Steve.
Good quality camera or just general expertise on your part?
Bit worried that you took one of a house with a red light on in the room upstairs though.
I did it with my Samsung A6, which cost £200 when it was new in 2005, and it is a good camera. Was not really expertise as I just sat it on top of some book on the windowsill and set a long shutter speed (about 15 seconds). I did determine that it was better with a smaller aperture and longer shutter speed than it was with a big aperture and shorter shutter speed.

I believe that the red light is caused by the curtains.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:28 11th February 2009
Setting a camera up in a static position, pointing at a room displaying a red light, and using a long exposure... we believe you Steve!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up