Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Gaming events taking place this year (2009)
woody.cool 18:39 30th January 2009
Hi all,

As some of you will know, I like to attend gaming events and I usually take my Amiga and some other machines with me.
This year I'm gonna be attending the following events:

Byte Back '09: March 7th-8th
I'm attending this event along with many people who I know from the Retro Gamer and Weekend Gamer forums. It's taking part in Stoke. Tickets are £12.00 (iirc)
I'm taking my Amiga 1200, Amiga CDTV and my Amstrad CPC 6128. I'm also supplying the PA system for the Q&A with the guest speakers.

Jamie Woodhouse (who made Qwak, Nitro and All Terrain Racing to name a few) is attending along with some ex-employees of Ocean.

This looks like it's gonna be a good event.

Another one I'm attending is:

Retro Computer Museum: 31st May 2009
Retro Computer Museum is run by Andy Specer. He collects lots of retro computers (like I do) and his intention is to open a museum. He's a really nice chap and a friend of mine (despite having only met him in November for the first time)
He planned his first open-day/gaming event last year in November which I attended and had a thouroughly good time. A lot of the attendees I already knew from other gaming events I've attended and from the Retro Gamer magazine forum.
Lots of retro computing goodness was donated to the museum.
I didn't take anything last year, but this year I will be taking my Amiga 3000.
As far as I know, he's planning on doing a second day in November this year too, but I'll keep you posted.
Tickets are about £4.50 (iirc) but I've already ordered mine anyway.

Some of you will probably have noticed, I have put the banner in my signature so that you can click on it and see what it's alll about!

If you click on the banners, it'll take you to the relevant web site.

So ..... do any of you attend events? or do any of you plan attending either (or both) of the above?
Please post and let us know of any events you go to or are involved in.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up