Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: PSP FW 3.10 OE-A released!
Harrison 13:32 5th February 2007
No sooner does Sony release a new firmware and Dark_AleX is hot on their heels with his custom release. This new Dark_AleX custom firmware was released yesterday and is based on the new PSP firmware 3.10 release.

It contains less that is new compared to recent firmware releases, but there are a few very nice and useful additions.

1, It now supports the 4th brightness setting that was only an option when the system was connected to the mains. It will drain the battery quicker, but it is there if needed now.

2, Finally better PSP PSX game support. The previous versions of Popstation had trouble running most PAL Playstation games, but the new Popstation 3.10 is much improved and many are reporting PAL games running perfectly.

You can read the full list of improvements to Popstation at http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=47493

Have you all also seen the document dat file support in Popstation? It allows you to have game guides in a special dat format that you can call upon at any time whilst running your PSX games on the PSP. Quite cool.

And if you want the new firmare you can grab it here
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:34 5th February 2007
Originally Posted by :
It allows you to have game guides in a special dat format that you can call upon at any time whilst running your PSX games on the PSP. Quite cool.
You're trying to make me buy a PSP, do you
[Reply]
Harrison 13:47 5th February 2007
Would I do that!

Would you seriously want a handheld system that you could take anywhere and be able to play Xenogears, FF7-9, FFTactics, Parasite Eve, Valkyre Profile, Suikoden, Wild Arms, Vandal Hearts... etc on? Thought not!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:14 5th February 2007
Originally Posted by :
that you could take anywhere
That's the main issue I'm not going to buy one. Everywhere I am is also a PC, so I can play the games via emulators if I want. And as already told, if I'm gonna play an RPG, I prefer to play it at home on a TV, rather than on a PSP.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:33 5th February 2007
You never sit in the park on a sunny day relaxing and wishing you could play an RPG? Or get stuck on a train, plane or coach on a long journey wishing you were instead sat down playing your favourite RPG?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:16 5th February 2007
No. I don't take the train, plane or bus, I use my car. And at a sunny day I'm sitting on a terrace, drinking beer with some friends.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:11 6th February 2007
According to the latest Sony news, fw 3.11 is already at start. The cat and mouse game is fully in progress.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:21 6th February 2007
Yeah, I saw 3.11 mentioned on another forum and is due for release in the next few days. Quite amusing.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:34 7th February 2007
A bugfix has been released for this firmware:

3.10 OE-A Bugfix
[Reply]
Harrison 14:46 7th February 2007
I love how the hackers can release bug fixes so quickly, and yet the original companies take weeks, if not months to do that same.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up