Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Which Amiga game do you play these days?
Ghost 22:41 17th January 2009
When you have the time, which Amiga game do you play on a real Amiga or an Emulator?
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 07:52 18th January 2009
Frontier: Elite II on my A1200.

I know that there are newer games on the PC, but none seem to be the labour of love that Frontier was, and none seem to have the same atmosphere or 'feel' that the Elkite games had. There is something about the opene strains of 'The Blue Danube' that always reminds of the game, above and beyond the sequence from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Frontier. Possibly the greatest game ever made.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:12 19th January 2009
I also still play Frontier quite often. Loading up some of my old games from back in the day that contains a ton of money and heavily upgraded ships and enjoy reliving parts of the game. It definitely is still one of the greatest games ever made. And we are all still waiting for a true sequel. (just given me an idea for a thread!)

I also play quite a few other games often. And often on both real Amigas and emulation. Since upgrading my A1200 and installing the complete set of KGWHD game packs on there I've definitely been using the real system much more.

Another game I keep going back to is Pinball Fantasies. That never gets boring. And quite a few shoot 'em ups and platform games too. I don't think any system since the 16-bit era has really delivered platform games as interesting or as fun to play as this era.

I'm also considering playing through the Eye of the Beholder games again, but this time the custom AGA versions that were recently made.
[Reply]
Niagara 18:45 19th January 2009
I'm going through the whole first world war again with Wings.

I got through half of Another World, untill it got to me (i swore to complete it ,as i never could do it when i was young) Then i watched the longplay and regretted it instantly, while comforting myself that i would have never found the solution on my own.

Vroom and Lotus I&II, Jaguar.

Turrican I (Still cant find the exit of level 1....!)

Pinball Dreams; The Far West Train- table has got the most interesting layout i think.

The PD-game Tanxx can also be some fun for a while.

NIA.
[Reply]
woody.cool 19:02 19th January 2009
I play the following, the most:all of which are on my A1200's hard drive.
[Reply]
PubZombie 21:02 19th January 2009
Hi guys,

i am playing wings again on my miggy1200 great game. I have Pinball dreams in the post on its way to me i just lurve the horror table. I also have an original of Frontier and have yet to play it on my miggy. there is a gp2x port of Frontier that is great to play on the handheld. especialy at work, on company time
[Reply]
Harrison 22:27 19th January 2009
Originally Posted by Niagara:
I got through half of Another World, untill it got to me (i swore to complete it ,as i never could do it when i was young) Then i watched the longplay and regretted it instantly, while comforting myself that i would have never found the solution on my own.
I completed Another World back when it came out. Great game and definitely much better to complete yourself. Shame.
[Reply]
Niagara 10:11 20th January 2009
Yeah,i know i know....
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:03 10th February 2009
Play most of the stuff installed on my A1200 which is a fair bit.
Been playing EOBI AGA and TotalChaos and Doom of late.
[Reply]
WolfMan 19:54 14th April 2009
At the moment i play:

- Formula one Masters
- Pirates
- It came from the Desert
- Twitris
- Wolfpack
- Pinball Dreams
- Wings
- Silent Service 2

The only that is not Original, is Formula one Masters...

I have all in Original condition...Boxed, and with manuals...
This is what i call Original games...They are not like the original games of actual days...
Amiga original games, are with big box, great manuals, and big maps...
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up