Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: commodore64 breadbin help
Niagara 14:27 11th January 2009
More about catweasel please.
Im also trying to set up one of my 64's and i am looking for means to put files from the net on floppy like an "Easyadf" system.
I dont know what Catweasel is though.
Expensive?
I have a mac, so ill need an old pc to do it i guess. What kind of pc would get the job done?
I have linked my 64 to a 1084s and get a clear but black-and-white image. Tried everything so could it be my cable?
Nia.
[Reply]
PubZombie 00:35 12th January 2009
Hi Guys
I have just ordered one of these as it seems the easiest to use for a dunderhead like me. and can be used to back up my tapes, as I have a very rare original.
http://www.cancarpet.com/saymantek/c64tpc_en.html

he sells them on ebay.

dont know whether it will work on the mac but lynux maybe? you are better off asking the rocket scientists here than me, the catweazel i have seen if for the amiga and is a piece of hardware that you put in your pc to copy amiga floppies. amigakit.com should have some in stock soon i think
[Reply]
Harrison 08:55 12th January 2009
The Catweasel controller comes in two versions. One is for the Amiga, and the other is for the PC. This controller is a floppy disk drive controller and it allows the direct reading and writing of many different disk formats, including the Amiga and C64.

The controller is made by Individual Computers and more info can be found at http://amiga.think42.com/news/news99_e.htm

The PC version, the MK4, is a very versatile PCI card. As well as being a special floppy drive controller, capable of read and writing many different system formats, as well as many different drive types (8", 5.25", 3.5" ETC), the card also has many other features. You can fit a C64 SID chip for perfect audio playback of C64 music, it has original Amiga joystick ports and allows the connecting of real Amiga joysticks and mice to a PC. And it allows the connecting of real Amiga keyboards too.

The controller isn't cheap at £86.99 but you do get a lot for your money.

The Catweasel MK2 Anniversary edition connects to an A1200/A4000 using either the clockport or IDE port. Much like the PC version it allows the Amiga to read and write many different disk formats including PC, Mac and C64. It also allows you to read and write 1.76MB HD floppy disks, which before this was only possible by an A4000 or whne using the PowerPC HD external floppy drive. So using this controller with an A1200 is a great way to add HD floppy support. It also reads HD Amiga floppies much faster than the original Amiga drives could.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up