Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Under A Killing Moon
Submeg 23:41 13th December 2008
Used to play this game ages ago, and had to set it up under DosBox. Was a bit annoyed the last time I tried, it didn't work. But! I found a great site with walkthroughs on how to set them up!

Glenns Guides

I haven't look through them but, I'm guessing they would be as good as this one. I did this first time and it worked perfectly! Very impressed.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:58 13th December 2008
Nice find. Some great guides to get loads of great old DOS games running with DOSBox on modern machines.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:06 14th December 2008
I got excited by the thread title. I thought that with there being a full moon and the moon being the closest to the Earth for 15 years that someone had gone postal!! How disappointing.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:45 15th December 2008
Nice find indeed. Did you ever try D-Fend as frontend for DOSBox? I use it, that way if you set up a game once, you can immediately launch it from D-Fend. Latest version is D-Fend Reloaded, you can find it here.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:42 15th December 2008
I did use D-fend on my older system that died. Not got around to setting it up again though. Tend to just make a duplicate of the DOSBox installation for each game I wish to play, then copy the game files in with them, so I have a directory for each game. But I only have a few DOS games setup at any one time. If I start to set more up at once then I will definitely go back to a frontend.
[Reply]
Submeg 06:05 16th December 2008
frontend?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:41 16th December 2008
A frontend is a graphical user interface (GUI) for a commandline based emulator. F.ex. MAME is commandline based, and MAMEUI32 is a frontend for it, just like MAMEWah, Mala, MESS and a lot more.
[Reply]
Submeg 05:17 17th December 2008
Ahh right, got ya. Is there one for DOSBOX?
[Reply]
Harrison 10:45 17th December 2008
Yes, the one DC mentioned, D-Fend Reloaded, is for DOSBox and is pretty good.
[Reply]
Submeg 10:49 17th December 2008
Hmm...
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up