Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: AmigaManiac Quiz - Your chance to win some special hardware!
Harrison 12:03 10th December 2008
Welcome to the Classicamiga.com AmigaManiac Quiz

This is very special classicamiga quiz created by Demon Cleaner, in associated with http://www.amigamaniac.com/

For this competition we are offering you the change to win a kickstart rom switcher v2.0, so first of all classicamiga would like to offer a big thank you to Nathan (amigamaniac) from http://www.amigamaniac.com/ for offering this hardware as the prize for this competition.

The winner of this competition will receive this hardware completely free. You won't even need to pay the postage, regardless of where in the world you live!

The KSRS v2.0

This rom switcher allows you to install two different kickstart roms inside your Amiga and choose which you wish to boot from each time you start the Amiga. This is great for backward compatibility, allowing you to run the latest kickstart 3.1 rom for the newest Workbench/AmigaOS releases, while at the same time still allowing access to older kickstarts such as 1.3 for compatibility with older software and games.

http://www.amigamaniac.com/ is a site run by the classicamiga member amigamaniac. He designs and develops his own Amiga hardware and sells it on his own site, as well as through amibay.com, offering the Amiga community another much needed source of new Amiga hardware.

The competition

This competition takes the form of a screenshot quiz. All you have to do is correctly guess the games each screenshot is from to be in with a chance of winning this special prize. We have run similar quizzes like this many times before so if you have taken part in any of our previous quizzes you will know how they work.

For everyone new to classicamiga and how our quizzes work, you can have a look at our quiz rules here. They will stay the same as the ones from the previous classicamiga quizzes for this competition.

To take part in the quiz you just need to be a registered member of classicamiga and then you can visit the quiz and have a go here.

This quiz will run until Thursday January 1st, and the winner will be announced on Monday January 5th 2009.

We hope you all have fun!!!

[Reply]
amigamaniac 12:33 10th December 2008
Hi all,

This should be a lot of fun! A real prize to be won! The details of the KSRS V2.0 are on my website, if you want to know how it works (how to switch ROMS).

Why am I offering a KSRS V2.0 at my own expense?

1) As a "thank you" for Harisson's kind words and support
2) To attract more users to his truly excellent website
3) Because it will be fun for all, and it is nice to give someone a gift
4) Because I can :-P

And finally, to gain more attention for my ROM switchers, website etc. But don't be cynical This reason is not that important, as it is only my hobby after all. I don't rely on it as a source of income.

I am thinking to use a lovely "rainbow" (sort of) coloured IDC cable, to make this ROM switcher unique, and pretty :-P I prolly will, as long as they have it in stock when I order it :-S If I do, I will take a photo of the "Classic Amiga Special Edition KSRS V2.0", for posting here ;-)

Nathan
[Reply]
Harrison 12:36 31st December 2008
As we haven't had many sets of answers in yet (very busy holiday season I know), I am extending the deadline for your answers to be in until next Wednesday January 14th 2009.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:06 8th January 2009
The competition has been extended by one further week, but we will be drawing a conclusion to it at the end of this new deadline. So if you wish to take part, please make sure your answers are in to Demon Cleaner by next Wednesday 14th January. The Winner will then be announced on Friday 16th January.

Good luck everyone.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:47 15th January 2009
Here's the final table showing the ranks, unfortunately there were only 3 participants:

RankNamePoints
1st
JLPedro
2nd
Buleste
3rd
P G

So the winner of the kickstart rom switcher is JLPedro, congratulations
[Reply]
JLPedro 20:27 15th January 2009
WoW! The world must be cazy, first thing I Have Win in a contest!!

Thanks!
[Reply]
Harrison 21:12 15th January 2009
Congratulations JLPedro. We hope you will enjoy your new hardware.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 08:50 16th January 2009
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy the price.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:24 16th January 2009
Congratulations JLPedro. I'm glad you won. If I'd won I don't know what I'd have done with the prize as I don't have a 500 or 600 to use it on .
[Reply]
Niagara 11:09 16th January 2009
Yeah! Good for you! Enjoy your prize.

I regretfully overlooked this quiz and didnt know it was extended to yesterday.
I would have participated surely!
MORE QUIZZES pleeez!! They're fun!

Congrats& greetz,
Nia.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up