Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: classicamiga magazine archive
Harrison 22:37 31st January 2007
The Classicamiga Magazine Archive

Classicamiga is about to begin its Amiga magazine archive. The aim of this project is to try and collect together as complete as possible a collection of all Amiga magazines ever published.

The archive will work as a directory on the main classicamiga site and will allow the visitor to browse via publication and issue. Each issue will have its own page that will include the following:The magazines will be available as PDF downloads, created by scanning the complete magazine in page by page, and including every page to preserve the complete publication as it was originally printed. This will therefore include all adverts as well as content.

Where possible the original Cover mounted disks included with each magazine will also be available for download as ADF files.

We need your help

This is going to be a very big project and take a lot of time and effort to complete. Classicamiga is therefore asking for anyone who can help out with this project.

We need the following:If you still have some original Amiga magazines please let us know in case we are missing these issues, and if you have a scanner and are willing to scan the complete magazine in for the site that would be a great help to classicamiga.

We are especially interested in finding people with non UK Amiga publications that can help out with the site. German, French, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Danish etc... and also US and Australian publications.

We already have the server space setup ready to host the magazines for download. We now just need to get scanning.

Let us know what you have

Please use this thread to post lists of the magazines (and the specific issues) you have available and also state if you are able to scan them for the site, or if you would be willing to donate them to classicamiga for scanning. If possible the magazines would be returned to their original owners after the scanning is complete.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:39 31st January 2007
To begin I will start to list what I have:

Amiga Format
CU Amiga
AUi
Amiga Computing
CD32 Gamer
Amiga World (US)

I will fill in the issues of each I have once I have time to check them.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:49 31st January 2007
Great, but unfortunately we had no such magazines here, so I cannot help at all.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:32 31st January 2007
I wonder if there is anything at the newsagent these days for the Amiga? The only thing I can think of is retrogamer....but then that really isnt Amiga only
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:56 31st January 2007
I have all retrogamer (only missing issues 1-3), and I'm subscribed to it. But I don't think they would allow us to post articles of their magazines on our site.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:57 31st January 2007
It's more the magazines from the Amiga days themselves that we need for the site, rather than anything looking back on the Amiga in a retro way these days.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:00 1st February 2007
Fair enough. I think there were a couple of Amiga publications back in the day, but not anymore I feel.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:01 1st February 2007
Maybe in another 5-10 years when the magazines of today are retro we can add them to the site.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:19 1st February 2007
Lol man by the time everything is scanned and imported it will be....might as well start now! Lol so many mags!
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:54 1st February 2007
Can't really help with the magazines but can definately scan coverdisks. Will try and get a list done of what I have this weekend.

Amiga Format
52a,52b
54a,54b
56a,56b
57a,57b
58a,58b
60a,60b,60c
63a,63b
66a,66b
68a,68b
70b
75a
(No number - contains PD-DIY, Adorage & ProTracker V2.10B)

Amiga Action

Aug 94 - Disk 1
Xmas 94 - Disk 1,2,3,4
Nov 95 - Disk 1,2
Mar 95 - Disk 1,2
Apr 95 - Disk 1,4
Aug 95 - Disk 1,2
Sept 95 - Disk 1,2
Undated:
Disk 2 - Brutal Sports Football
Disk 1 - Gunship 2000
Disk 2 - Syndicate