Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Game Collector
Harrison 14:25 28th November 2008
That is annoying. Looks from that text that you have been banned for good from the search. So the program isn't really 100% cracked after all. It just resets the search counter after a set time period.

That could get tedious when wishing to enter over 1000 games!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:35 28th November 2008
Yeah, that's a bit annoying. And as I didn't know, and of course I didn't read the info file, I'm screwed now. I thought a crack was a crack, and not a counter "reseter".

I have still 10 RPGs to enter in the database, but I can't anymore. Will do this at home then.

I tried installing previous versions of Game Collector, but I'm totally banned I guess, as I get the same message.

Perhaps if I try next week, the counter will be set to 0 again.

I also now have Movie and Music Collector, but if it has the same crack, it will take forever to create a database. Not tired them yet.

The program itself costs 50€, which is very expensive imo, otherwise I'd considered to buy it. That's for the PRO version, the normal version is only half the price, but I don't know yet what features will be missing?

Have to find a key, perhaps it will work that way around.

UPDATE: Just take a look at this site, there will see the features, and the ones the PRO version has more, which seem to be rather dispensable ones.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:47 28th November 2008
Yes, it looks like the only main additions the pro version adds are the ability to export to different file formats and to print. Things which will probably never be needed by most users.
[Reply]
AlexTsg 17:14 31st August 2010
Hi guys,

I have found just now "eXtreme Games Manager"...

Looks really nice...

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

Ops, forget the link:

http://www.binaryworks.it/extremegamesmanager/
[Reply]
Harrison 21:34 31st August 2010
Thanks for the link Alex. Looks good from the screenshots.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:15 31st August 2010
Looks really interesting, will give it a closer look this week. Thanks for the link.
[Reply]
Submeg 13:08 2nd September 2010
Mind you, I use Music Collector, works well for all my cds. I bought a scanner as well, I'm no entering 850 barcodes by hand!
[Reply]
Harrison 13:47 2nd September 2010
A barcode scanner? Does it work well with the software? Was it a reasonable price?
[Reply]
AlexTsg 15:47 2nd September 2010
You can use Barcode readers for almost all software, they simply function like a "keyboard simulator".

In eXtreme Games Manager you can use your barcode scanner to scan all UPC and then search it from internet...
[Reply]
Submeg 01:26 4th September 2010
Reasonable price, and works perfectly, no need to configure or anything. The database of barcodes is quite good, but it doesn't have everything. Highly recommended if you have lots of games/cds/books etc...
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up