Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Reviews needed on the main site
Harrison 16:29 9th February 2007
It will be great to have all the main games finally in the games section. This has been a dream for many of us for some time now, so will be great when it is finally completed and ready to expand each of the entries with even more information.

I hope to help with the data entry to finish the section off this coming week. I've also been adding some more content to the section. As well as continuing to add content across from the old site I have also been going through the collection of files I have been sent for the site over the years and am also slowly adding those. I've already added Nebulus and Puffy's Saga from these files and have a lot more to also add. Oh and not forgetting Tanx. When Submeg mentioned he was looking for it I added the game to the site and made some screenshots.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:45 9th February 2007
Section P is almost finished, only a few games to add. I will then begin section T, and after that finally start with the big section S, as you have section R still in progress.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:41 9th February 2007
Great news. I will continue with section R next week.
[Reply]
Submeg 07:54 10th February 2007
Just written the review for Ikari Warriors. Uploading screenshots now.
[Reply]
Submeg 09:58 11th February 2007
Finished screenshots for Dragon's Lair. Will upload and write the review now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:15 11th February 2007
As far as I remember, Dargon's Lair was a total disaster on the amiga, at least on the C64 it was
[Reply]
Teho 20:01 11th February 2007
It actually wasn't half bad on Amiga considering. Ok, the scenes were short and they used a lot of repeats and mirroring of frames. But it was the full hand-drawn high-quality animation same as the arcade had. Technically impressive, it would even run on a 512k A500, allbeit without sound. But in the end it got boring pretty quickly. But so did the arcade in my opinion.

But I agree that the C64 version really was atrocious. I could never get past the second stage in that one. Horrible graphics, impossible gameplay, and the graphics was the main pull of the Dragon's Lair games after all. A simply horrible title. Some claim that the SNES version is even worse, but I disagree. The C64 version really takes the cake!
[Reply]
Submeg 22:01 11th February 2007
Hmm, but the reason I like it is because it is easy and looks awesome. But I agree, there should have been more stages...
[Reply]
AlexJ 00:43 12th February 2007
The reviews really do help - I typed in Microprose Formula One into Google and CA is now the 3rd entry!

One thing to note though is that it can take up to a month for Google's database to notice the new reviews. However this provides a good opportunity for the entries with reviews to be brought up to standard in all other areas as well to present a good image of the site for those stumbling in from Google.
[Reply]
Submeg 01:22 12th February 2007
Sounds like they are paying off. Will be working on more today.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up