Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Dead Space
Demon Cleaner 08:08 27th November 2008
Back to topic. I'm just before the endboss, gonna kill it this afternoon (hopefully).
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:07 27th November 2008
Just finished the game, the endboss is a hoax. I killed it in 5 minutes, had only to restore health 2-3 times. Only used the pulse rifle. Not that I'm disappointed, as I'm no pro gamer, I prefer that I can beat it easier than dying all the time and not being able to finish the game. Time needed: 14 hours.

Great game though, glad I played it, and the Regenerator necromorph is a pain in the a$$
[Reply]
Harrison 15:46 27th November 2008
Glad you enjoyed the game. I've still not progressed much further yet as I'm still mostly playing Fallout 3.

And I agree. I think games should be easy enough to be completed by most gamers, otherwise a game that contains a story by cannot be completed becomes too frustrating and it can ruin the enjoyment of it.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:56 27th November 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
And I agree. I think games should be easy enough to be completed by most gamers, otherwise a game that contains a story by cannot be completed becomes too frustrating and it can ruin the enjoyment of it.
True. I hate it when I'm almost at the end, and cannot finish it because it's too hard.

The same happened to me with Resistance. I was stuck at level 27 of 30, couldn't beat it, tried 15 times, then I gave up. Today after I finished Dead Space I thought to give it a try again, having not played it for almost a year (if not more), and with the 2nd try I managed to beat it. I was so happy Now I'm in the last level, will continue tomorrow.

I mainly wanted to finish it because I already ordered Resistance 2, and want to know the end of the story of the prequel. Let's just hope I will survive the last bloody encounter
[Reply]
Sharingan 21:37 27th November 2008
I remember Resistance being a bit tough during the later levels. The problem with the game was that the cover 'system' sucked - the damn Chimera still manage to hit you even if you duck behind objects.

The trick to beating the tough Chimera is simply to move unpredictably. Your opponents are smart enough to take into account your movement, so they'll tend to fire at the location where you're going to be, instead of firing directly AT you. The last level really requires some twitchy running, because you'll be encountering enemies with blue plasma rifles, and they HURT if you eat too much of them.

Picking up Resistance 2 tomorrow. Should be good

On topic, there's a Dead Space demo on the Playstation Store now, for those who want to give the game a try beforing buying.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:26 28th November 2008
Resistance is finished it was a bit tough at the end where you have to destroy the 4 reactors, but after 10 death', I finally managed to blow them up.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 17:24 29th November 2008
Take a look at the cinematics, and find the outtake one... It's mega!
[Reply]
Sharingan 11:14 30th November 2008
Either I really suck, or Dead Space is really hard. I couldn't for the life of me hit those itty bitty skinny limbs in the demo

Why should an alien die from a dismembered limb anyway, and NOT die from a point-blank shotgun blast to the head?!
[Reply]
Teho 21:50 30th November 2008
They do die, if you shoot the head off. Sometimes. I'm guessing the only way they can die is by bleeding to death, which goes a lot faster when you dismember them. But don't know if that's really the case. You can still kill them by just shooting them, but it takes a ton more ammo to do.

Remember that at least for the basic pistol thingie you can use the secondary fire to switch between it firing in a horizontal line or a vertical one. It's a whole lot easier to dismember them if you use this to shoot across the limbs instead of along them. I used this gun for most of the game actually, if you keep upgrading it it gets pretty powerful and can handle all except the biggest of the monsters you'll encounter.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:50 2nd December 2008
For the moving limbs or the multiple tiny necromorphs attack I always used the Force Gun, so you don't miss any of them. Same counts for the pregnant ones, because if you shoot them in the stomach, multiple small necromorphs come out, and that can get a bit nasty.

And as Teho mentioned, use the Plasma Cutter in an horizontal position, you can't miss the limbs that way. Later when you upgraded your Line Gun, it's easy to dismember them, as the Line Gun becomes very powerful.

Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
Take a look at the cinematics, and find the outtake one... It's mega!
What? Where?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up