Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Dead Space
Ghost 23:26 20th November 2008
While pirates don't have much of a problem with it I find it a problem when I want to buy software in a store, almost all new games come with it and from what I have heard SecuRom does quite other things that preventing game piracy.

I am worried that it could screw up my new PC should I install a game that has it, lately I haven't purchased any new game making me feel that my PC is a waste of money.
And I really don't want to switch fully to consoles.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:36 21st November 2008
@Ghost You are allowed to legally crack a game if you own it! I do this all the time to remove the need to insert a CD everytime I wish to play a game. Just go to http://www.gamecopyworld.com to get the latest No-CD cracks and updates for most games. You are not breaking any laws using these if you own the games you apply them to. And it will stop such copy protections system running on your system.
[Reply]
Ghost 23:18 22nd November 2008
Well the thing is Harrison,

SecuRom is installed on you computer when you install a game, not just when you run a game.
[Reply]
FOL 11:27 23rd November 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
@Ghost You are allowed to legally crack a game if you own it! I do this all the time to remove the need to insert a CD everytime I wish to play a game. Just go to http://www.gamecopyworld.com to get the latest No-CD cracks and updates for most games. You are not breaking any laws using these if you own the games you apply them to. And it will stop such copy protections system running on your system.
I am completely the same, my originals are used to install, then they go back in their case. All my originals are in mint condition, as I use no cd patches to save the hastle on secure rom. I remember buying Matrix Path of neo, I couldnt install it cause of secure rom. I ended up getting stressed and left the disc in for over 30 mins and it finally read the disc.

Originally Posted by Ghost:
Well the thing is Harrison,

SecuRom is installed on you computer when you install a game, not just when you run a game.
While you are correct, harrison is also correct. As the patch is a modified exe / dll file that bypasses the secure rom installed on your computer.
[Reply]
J T 20:49 23rd November 2008
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
I'll probably pick this one up tomorrow, along with Call of Duty 5 and Mirror's Edge. All the reviews on Dead Space have been glowing so far.

Still busy playing Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, LittleBigPlanet and Valkyria Chronicles, but one can never have too many games, right?
Ooh, Mirror's Edge. I very much enjoyed the demo for that. I'd like to get it.
[Reply]
Sharingan 21:11 23rd November 2008
Originally Posted by J T:
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
I'll probably pick this one up tomorrow, along with Call of Duty 5 and Mirror's Edge. All the reviews on Dead Space have been glowing so far.

Still busy playing Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, LittleBigPlanet and Valkyria Chronicles, but one can never have too many games, right?
Ooh, Mirror's Edge. I very much enjoyed the demo for that. I'd like to get it.

Picked up a copy today. Haven't played it yet (except for the demo, which indeed was quite enjoyable), but I'll come back and post some impressions.

For one thing, I think Digital Illusions (just looked it up, this is the same Digital Illusions that made Pinball Dreams/Illusions) made a great decision to keep this game in 1st person mode. If they'd made it a 3rd person view game, it'd be nothing more than just another Tomb Raider knockoff, IMO.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:54 24th November 2008
I didn't get my copy yet, preordered it at Play.com, but they seem to take their time lately. I waited almost 2 weeks for Dead Space and Fallout 3, and also 3 weeks for my dualshock to arrive. Don't know what their problem is though?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:57 24th November 2008
Maybe they are just very busy with pre-Christmas orders. Lets just hope play.com are not feeling the effects of the recession!
[Reply]
Ghost 16:21 25th November 2008
Hello FOL,

Could you please explain to me how that works?
I wish to install a couple of games but I do not want to have SecuRom on my computer.
[Reply]
J T 14:08 26th November 2008
Buy the games (optional)

And then download/torrent from a warez site of your choice.

Bingo bango.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up