Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Guitar Hero hits the C64
Demon Cleaner 07:54 12th November 2008
And again I'm just amazed what some people can achieve.

Originally Posted by :
Toni Westbrook’s Shredz64 project aims to interface a Playstation GH controller with a C64, then to create a rudimentary version of the rhythm matching game that runs on the classic computer. Plans are to use the system’s retro 8-bit beeps and blips to crank out its tunes.

Thusfar, Westbrook has gotten the controller working with the C64, and started work on the game itself earlier this year. While his initial tests were written in good old Commodore BASIC, he expects to write the final game using C and 6502 assembler language.

[Reply]
Harrison 11:20 12th November 2008
That is quite mad. Now for him to fully utilise the SID!
[Reply]
Teho 15:36 12th November 2008
If he uses some of the good old SID classics with that I might be tempted to get hold of a guitar controller and try it!
[Reply]
Harrison 15:46 12th November 2008
This would also be a great idea for a proper related release on the current systems with guitar controllers.

RetroHero!

Imagine it. Play along to all your favourite retro chip tunes and Amiga mods! Would be cool.

And when you complete the game you are awarded a Geek award.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:49 12th November 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
This would also be a great idea for a proper related release on the current systems with guitar controllers.

RetroHero!

Imagine it. Play along to all your favourite retro chip tunes and Amiga mods! Would be cool.

And when you complete the game you are awarded a Geek award.
It has to be something worse than a geek award. Get a life award. Or being as Wizzball had the best SID Guitar like riff the Wizz Get Some Balls Award.
[Reply]
Cortona 19:10 12th November 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
It has to be something worse than a geek award. Get a life award. Or being as Wizzball had the best SID Guitar like riff the Wizz Get Some Balls Award.
I thought Skate or Die had the best SID guitar sound, but then I never had Wizball on the 64, only the Amiga.

As Harry Hill would say, there's only one way to settle this...
[Reply]
Buleste 09:33 13th November 2008
FIGHT!!

[Reply]
TiredOfLife 22:56 26th November 2008
Monty on the run.
Guitar instead of a violin.
Be tempted to try that.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up