Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Do you have to complete a whole series of games
Do you have to complete a whole series of games
  • View Poll Results

1 2
    Thread: Playing through a whole game series
    Harrison 12:54 10th November 2008
    The MSX games were good, and ahead of their time at release. However I think MGS on the PSX is the first one that truly captured the sense of sneaking about.

However you can play both of the original MSX Metal Gear Games on the PS2 as they are included in the Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence release. Which is actually the first time Metal Gear 2 actually had an official English translation version released. Before this you could only get a fan translated version.
    [Reply]
    woody.cool 13:08 5th December 2008
    It depends on the game.
    Most of the time, I'll play the entire series, but not neccessarily in the right order though.
    [Reply]
    PubZombie 02:36 18th January 2009
    I have all the resident evil games game cube versions to play through - just waiting for enough free time to start. and i am determined to start with Wastelands then play through all the Fallout games in 2009
    [Reply]
    Harrison 15:59 19th January 2009
    The GCN versions of the RE games were definitely worth getting as they did improve on the original versions. However I played all the original PSX versions of the games, and the original DC version of Code Veronica. However I did by RE:0 and RE:1 on the GCN and they were both great.

But for survival horror you still can't beat the first Silent Hill game. At the time that was amazingly immersive and very creepy. The surround sound and dark ery short viewing distance of the fog really did work very well. I really need to get hold of the last twl SH games.
    [Reply]
    PubZombie 22:37 19th January 2009
    I really miss not having the original psx RE. the voice acting was truly tremendous I just loved it. zombies freak me out and i find the RE games truly spooky - even the Umbrella chronicals on wii. that reminds me House of the Dead Overkill is out next week . I have HotD 2&3 so when that comes out i will play them all through in order.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 13:50 10th February 2009
    If you have a PSP then you can easily play the original PSX RE on it (as long as it has custom firmware). The PSP breaths new life into any PSX game. The smaller screen helps stop the games looking so dated with pixelated textures compared to newer games, and it is great to be able to play all the great games on the move.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2
    Up