Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: WinUAE 1.4.0 WIP #1 (28.01.2007)
Puni/Void 22:23 30th January 2007
That's an interesting find. I never knew they made an arcade machine out of the CD32. A pity it only appeared in Italy though, and with so few games specially made for it. The CD32 had a lot of potential and I guess it could have been popular in the arcades with the right games.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:33 30th January 2007
Originally Posted by :
with the right games
That's the main problem.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:16 31st January 2007
Did you know that the Transport Museum in London also used the CD32?

It was responsible for the original development of the SX-1 expansion too. They had been using a few laserdisc players to stream interactive information to a few areas of the museum, but they were getting old and they needed a replacement with more interactivity. They ended up creating touch screen information kiosks around the museum that were connected to a lot of CD32's running in a central room, with each running a Scala created interactive CD presentation for the various areas of the museum. I visited shortly after reading about this in AUi and it worked well. I have no idea how long they continued to use them, or if they are in fact still using them still.
[Reply]
AlexJ 08:08 31st January 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Did you know that the Transport Museum in London also used the CD32?
109 of them, to be exact!

Originally Posted by :
It was responsible for the original development of the SX-1 expansion too. They had been using a few laserdisc players to stream interactive information to a few areas of the museum, but they were getting old and they needed a replacement with more interactivity. They ended up creating touch screen information kiosks around the museum that were connected to a lot of CD32's running in a central room, with each running a Scala created interactive CD presentation for the various areas of the museum. I visited shortly after reading about this in AUi and it worked well. I have no idea how long they continued to use them, or if they are in fact still using them still.
I think they refurbished the Museum in 2005 so they might have disappeared then (or not if they were still working and still suitable for the job).
[Reply]
J T 10:28 31st January 2007
Never heard of the Arcadia or the Cubo CD32.

Interesting about that transport museum using CD32s. I think I've seen you post about that before. Maybe email them and ask perhaps.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up