Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thread: Fallout 3
Puni/Void 15:20 6th February 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I was also a bit confused by the tunnels I have to admit. I know the whole point of the tunnels was because the raiders were trying to get into Vault 101, and there are some items to collect down there, but I was expecting something special once you have managed to clear the area. Instead nothing. I even tried to blast the dead end corridor with a nuke but all that did was kill me! The only thing I wonder is that there is that high up ledge at the end of the tunnels near the final giant ant nest and you can't get up into the tunnel above. Maybe there is a way up there and something else to find? Not sure though.
I was quite confused myself. Spent a lot of time searching every inch of that tunnel, but to no avail. Due to all the clues and hints, I was absolutely sure it was something down there.

Haven't managed to get up on that ledge either, but I don't think there's anything there. You can cheat though, by turning off collision-detection via the command console, just to be sure.

I've enjoyed playing Fallout 3. A positive surprise. I know I was a bit negative earlier, but if one sees the game isolated from its predecessors, it's quite cool.

For those who haven't completed the game yet, a word of advice; Wait with the main quest! Try exploring around first, build up your character and do some of the side-quests. Once you've finished the main quest, it is game over.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:27 6th February 2009
I've still not completed the main quest because I heard that is was game over once complete, so I've only advanced the main quest as far as repairing the broadcast sat dish, and I'm not taking it any further until I've explored all of the wasteland and visited all of the other Vaults, towns and locations I can find.
[Reply]
Ghost 04:58 7th February 2009
Hello Harrison,

Don't expect much from the other Vaults, you will find some extra stuff including a weapon with a name I think but they have no impact on the storyline.

Also, I have given the DLC a try (had nothing else to do).
I advice everyone to wait until its price is lowered as it isn't worth ten euros.

Basically Operation Anchorage is a very linear shooter sub campaign.
You start this campaign by responding to an Outcast distress signal, after you have helped them defeat some Super Mutants they ask you to run a simulation of the Anchorage Reclamation campaign in order to open a weapons storage room.

What follows is basically a series of linear levels in which you have to perform a number of tasks.
While later you can choose which task to perform first and assemble a team of NPCs, it isn't exactly that much different from the first part of the game.

Also, you can finish this within one and a half hour, its not several hours big as the developers claimed it to be.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:03 7th February 2009
A couple of the Vaults have been interesting. Especially the "Garys" one.
[Reply]
PubZombie 01:47 8th February 2009
i love this game. I stopped doing the main quest chain after about 40 hrs gameplay and have just been exploring the wastelands for the last 40hrs. The Dunwhich building is brilliantly done and will be enjoyed by those HP Lovecraft fans out there. I purchased the collectors guide to this game - its awesome and enhances the experience of play tenfold. Its over 600 pages lol
[Reply]
Teho 13:53 8th February 2009
Originally Posted by :
The only thing I wonder is that there is that high up ledge at the end of the tunnels near the final giant ant nest and you can't get up into the tunnel above. Maybe there is a way up there and something else to find? Not sure though.
There isn't. I was also disappointed with those tunnels, thinking there had to be more to them. So I carried/pushed/threw an empty barrel all the way down there (easier said than done), and after about fifty tries managed to place it in such a way that I could balance on it and jump up there. Took a lot of time to succeed, and when I was finally up there was absolutely nothing to see. Not so much as a bent can. It just dead ends a couple of meters further down. That was an annoying waste of time.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:00 9th February 2009
I saw that the DLC did not get very good reviews. I'm sure I'm not gonna d/l it. Still don't know if I continue with the game, or just put it away. Or perhaps I'm only finishing the main quest and no sidequest at all. Don't really know, I have so many games still to play, and I want to play something I can enjoy, instead fo playing a game for hours hoping for it to get better. It feels like wasting my time in Wasteland
[Reply]
Harrison 15:04 9th February 2009
If you don't want to waste hours exploring the empty wasteland, then use your guide to get to the large towns and settlements. You should have some fun then. Especially the ones located more in the top left of the map.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:08 9th February 2009
Yeah, perhaps I'll try that, if I can reach the towns without being killed by too tough enemies.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 12:05 11th February 2009
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Yeah, perhaps I'll try that, if I can reach the towns without being killed by too tough enemies.
If you spend a bit of time building up your character, I don't think you'll have any problems reaching those locations. Be sure to put some extra points in small guns, as this is very important for survival.

Do also remember that you're allowed to run for it if the opponents are too tough. Instead you can return on a later date to teach them a lesson.

There are lots of cool stuff to discover in Fallout 3, so you've a lot to look forward to. I won't mention many of the interesting quests or locations here in case I'll spoil the fun.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Up