Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thread: Fallout 3
Harrison 23:06 4th December 2008
Which is exactly how it feels in Fallout 3. You can quite quickly start following the main quest and before you know it you are quite some way into the main story. The danger with Fallout 3 is that once the main quest is over the game ends. Therefore since making contact with the Brotherhood of Steel if put the main quest on hold and am instead exploring the wasteland and doing side quests.
[Reply]
Ghost 15:58 11th December 2008
Hello all,

More news on Fallout 3 DLC Operation: Anchorage, planned for next year January.

http://au.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/937/937202p1.html

As usual, I don't care and wish Bethesda burns in hell.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:13 11th December 2008
Originally Posted by Ghost:
As usual, I don't care and wish Bethesda burns in hell.
you're rough man.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:59 11th December 2008
But have you actually even played Fallout 3 yet Ghost? While it will never match your expectations of the series it is still a great game in its own right and without playing it there is just no way of judging it fairly.
[Reply]
Ghost 10:33 12th December 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
But have you actually even played Fallout 3 yet Ghost? While it will never match your expectations of the series it is still a great game in its own right and without playing it there is just no way of judging it fairly.
That is the current bane in my life; the fact that my new PC keeps eluding me.

I ordered the damn thing before my Birthday, October 23th, and I still don't have the machine due to a series of very sucking events (not going to called unfortunate).

First the delivery guy only brings half the list of ordered components and apparently will take so long over the rest that the guy assembling it has to go to their depot to pick up the rest.

Then the case turns out to be to small for the motherboard, meaning that a replacement will have to be ordered.
Fortunate I do not have to pay for that one.

Its as if the world doesn't want me to try out new PC games.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:28 12th December 2008
How come you didn't build the PC yourself? It's not really that hard. It is a bit scary the first time you attempt it due to worrying about damaging something, but in reality components are much tougher than you initially think, and with some care it is very easy to build a PC from scratch. And is saves a lot of money.
[Reply]
Ghost 18:22 14th December 2008
Hello Harrison,

That may have been better in conclusion, but I would have preferred it to seek out components and assemble a computer with someone else for the first time.

So any of you who will play the DLCs?
[Reply]
Harrison 18:27 14th December 2008
If the DownLoadable Content for the PC version looks good enough then I probably will. Especially if some of it explores the lore of Fallout history as hinted at in the previews.
[Reply]
Ghost 21:41 14th December 2008
Well so far the following DLCs have been announced;

Operation Anchorage: apparently simulation of a possible or proposed war scenario to liberate Anchorage from Chinese occupation forces.

The Pitt: a location mentioned in FO3 but not visited.
A raider town apparently 'cleansed' by the Brotherhood of Steel in the past.

Broken Steel: a sort of expansion taking place after FO3 in which the player can now join the BOS to take on the remnants of the Enclave.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:40 15th December 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
And it saves a lot of money.
That isn't true anymore, if I look at the prices for PCs nowadays, it's easy to get one which is cheaper if you would build one from scratch. Take a look at One's computers here, they're not expensive at all.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Up