Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: The new competition pro joysticks.
lolafg 09:35 8th December 2008
Hello ,

I bought a boomerang pad for the CD32 and it works fine with the CD32 , but in my A600 some games as for example Street fighter II can't use the 2 buttons...
So i bought a sega megadrive pad with 6 buttons and all games are working well with it (the 2 buttons recognised are the B and C) so i think it is one of the best pad for the amiga.
This answer just to help people who are looking for a pad !!
[Reply]
AndyRCM 13:02 8th December 2008
On the Sega pad Is there no way of reading the other buttons on the amiga? Surely they must be independant to each other? I have several Sega Megadrive pads and would love to use them on my Amiga or CD32 . . .

Andy
[Reply]
lolafg 13:09 8th December 2008
There is probably a way to do that but how to ?
Sorry i don't know.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:33 8th December 2008
Just found this interesting bit of information for youon how to modify a Sega Megadrive Joypad to work on an Amiga.
http://psygnosisamiga.free.fr/games/...tructions2.pdf goto page 6 and read what it says about modifying the joypad. Warning unmodified pads can lead to damage of the CIA chip. It's not common but better safe than sorry.
[Reply]
AndyRCM 14:05 8th December 2008
Nice one Buleste!

Andy
[Reply]
woody.cool 14:53 8th December 2008
Originally Posted by AndyRCM:
On the Sega pad Is there no way of reading the other buttons on the amiga? Surely they must be independant to each other? I have several Sega Megadrive pads and would love to use them on my Amiga or CD32 . . .

Andy
The CD32 and Sega Megadrive use different methods of accessing those extra buttons.
I think the CD32 is easier to interpret, as it's kind of a direct conection to each button, but the Megadrive is a different beast altoghether. The first two buttons (mapped as B & C) stick to the Atari standard, but as for the rest .... who knows!
[Reply]
Harrison 15:11 8th December 2008
A few games were also written with direct Sega megadrive pad support. This included a couple of the later AGA beat 'em ups.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up