Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Happy Birthday Ghost
Ghost 13:41 23rd October 2008
Well happy birthday to me

I am twenty-nine as of now.

How does it feel?
Well at one side not very different from yesterday, but on the other hand it made me reflect back at my life, and that made me rather sad as I feel that I haven't accomplished a thing.

Not that I materialistic have to complain but there were certain things I wished to achieve for myself, learning how to draw and write better, because I really look up to people who can, and because I would like to do some things that are clearly my own, showing the world that I do exist even though I sometimes feel that fate has somehow made me invisible. (damn you fate).

My biggest worry is that I have simply become so old that I can not achieve these things anymore despite that I would like so much to be able, short of selling my soul (if I have one) I would do a lot to accomplish this all.

Well on a more positive note, I am getting my new PC this week, perhaps even this day.
I have been saving for it for some time and I am really looking forwards to it.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:00 23rd October 2008
Happy Birthday.

29 isn't that old... Wait till you reach 30! Only 364 days to go!

And getting your new PC will make it feel like a special day too.

BTW, only way to learn how to draw better is to draw and draw and draw. Practice makes perfect and is the only way to improve.

I think everyone feels little bit invisible at times. And I know what you mean about wanting to leave your mark on the world. Something to be remembered for.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 14:09 23rd October 2008
Happy birthday and don't get too sad - I find alcohol tends to help in this department, especially on such a special occasion
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:32 23rd October 2008
Happy birthday. As Humphrey mentioned, alcohol IS helping (albeit only for 1 day), but in your case I would stick to alcohol for the next 364 days, as after that, it gets worse
[Reply]
Tiago 15:43 23rd October 2008
Happy Birthday!
Looks a lot of people has their Birthday on this mounth.

I am the next one!! it's on the next weekend...
[Reply]
Buleste 09:17 24th October 2008
As someone on the wrong side of 30, 29 is a good age to be. Ignore all the BS "society" tells you that you should be thinking about and doing just think about and do what you want. Also being invisible is good, it allows all the sh1t that people fling to fly straight past you and hit someone else!! Have fun for the next few days and then do your best to have fun for the rest. Have a good one.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 12:34 24th October 2008
What's wrong with being over 30? Assuming you don't die in the mean time, you are likely to have at least another 30 years left.

Happy birthday ghost!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:48 24th October 2008
Another 30? I hope I have more than 25 years remaining Steve!

Age is relative. If you are enjoying yourself and are happy with things then I don't think it matters what age you are.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:20 24th October 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
What's wrong with being over 30? Assuming you don't die in the mean time, you are likely to have at least another 30 years left.

Happy birthday ghost!
I don't care about how long I have left it's just that most the attractive single women are on the opposite side of 30 to me and it's getting harder and harder to convince them that I'm younger than I am. The only good thing is I can get away with acting the fool by saying it's an "early mid-life crisis".
[Reply]
Puni/Void 10:34 25th October 2008
A bit late, but I just wanted to say that I hope you've had a nice birthday mate.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up