Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: I'm after any old mouse for my amiga...
Loftus 14:50 17th October 2008
Got the old amiga out today but seem to have lost the mouse!

there dont seem to be many on ebay. surley they cant be rare these days lol

anyone got one spare??

thanks in advance,

Loftus aka "Jops" from the old classicamiga board!
[Reply]
Buleste 15:09 17th October 2008
Have you tried AmigaKit? They have this available other than that try Amibay.
[Reply]
Loftus 16:06 17th October 2008
hmm, not sure if i want to spend that kind of cash! I know its not loads but there must be a cheaper way!

will a ps/2 mouse work via an adapter?
[Reply]
Buleste 16:12 17th October 2008
They work very well with an adapter. Unfortunately they cost over twice as much. Have a look here.
[Reply]
Loftus 16:15 17th October 2008
ah right! well i have a normal cheapo ps2/serial adapter. this not the same thing then im guessing!
[Reply]
woody.cool 16:18 17th October 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Have you tried AmigaKit? They have this available other than that try Amibay.
I have one of those mice! They are rather good, very comfortable and quite accurate.
Definitely recommended as a replacement for any Amiga
There's also a black version, which I use on my CD32.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:44 17th October 2008
Your best bet is to pop over to Amibay.com (a sister site to classicamiga) and have a look in the for sale section as I remember someone had a few mice they were looking to sell. Or post a wanted advert for one. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

BTW, welcome back to classicamiga. It's been a long time.
[Reply]
Loftus 20:36 17th October 2008
Hey, harrison! Its great to be back! My love affair with the amiga is a very on off one lol!

so i tried the adapter that i have with a old ps\2 mouse that i found but no joy. It would never be that easy would it! I suppose those other adapters mentioned arent that price for no reason!

Reading the rules on amibay not sure i'd be welcome on with only a hotmail email so I have got my eye on a 'tank' (never heard it called that - but i like it!) mouse on ebay.

One last thought, would a pc serial mouse work? maybe something like this? doubt it but thought i'd ask!

Thanks for all you help guys! loving the quick responses too!!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:09 20th October 2008
You can't currently register on Amibay with a hotmail account, but if you do want to join PM me and I can set an account up for you.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:48 20th October 2008
You got no chance there, I just binned 4-5 mouses as I have 2 nice working ones
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up