Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Article from CU Amiga
Edwinner 22:55 28th January 2007
Back in the ninetees I was a (lonely) AMOS programmer. In those days I had really spend a lot of time creating a game called "Snakeman" and placed it on Aminet (that was in 1995). The software was entitled as postcardware, because I was very curious how many people liked it and sent me a postcard. I just got one letter from someone who asked me what the cheats are in the game. I was very disappointed and I thought that the Amiga community didn't like it.

Until recently, I discovered that my game was reviewed in CU Amiga in Feb 1998 (page 67) and got 5 stars! Since I had a subscription on Amiga Format I had never seen this article.

So is there anyone who has this magazine and want to scan this page and e-mail it to me? I would really appreciate it, because I am still very curious what they wrote about it.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:19 28th January 2007
Just downloaded it and gave it a quick blast, excellent.
Never seen this before.
I think there is a link somewhere on this site to a site with scans of Amiga mags.
[Reply]
AlexJ 23:38 28th January 2007
Hi Edwinner and welcome to the Classicamiga forum. I don't myself have the issue you're looking for but I know there's a couple of guys on the forum that have fairly large CU Amiga collections - hopefully one of them will have the issue (and article in particular you're looking for) Congratulations on getting 5 stars - I'll have to try the game when I get a chance.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 10:03 29th January 2007
Hi there Edwinner!

Welcome to the Classicamiga forum! I'm very interested in trying out that game you wrote in AMOS. I do a bit of coding in AMOS from time to time myself. It is a nice language for creating games. I'm heading off to Aminet now to get a copy of Snakeman.

Sadly I don't have access to my collection of CU Amiga issues here, but as Alex wrote, there are probably others on the forum that has this issue. Good luck with searching!

Hope you will enjoy your stay at Classicamiga.
[Reply]
Submeg 10:47 29th January 2007
Wow that's pretty cool to know someone that actually coded some stuff that was reviewed. Good stuff! Oh and welcome!
[Reply]
Harrison 13:46 29th January 2007
Hi Edwinner and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure I have that issue of Cu Amiga. I will have a look, and if I have I will scan the article in for you, and everyone else here, to read.
[Reply]
Edwinner 22:09 29th January 2007
Hi everybody.

Thank you for the enthusiastic reactions.
You should all really try the game

@Harrison: I hope that you could do that for me.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 22:20 29th January 2007
Hi Edwinner,

Have tried out Snakeman and I enjoyed playing it. It was surely a new twist to melt Pacman and Snake into one package. The game looks and feels good as well.

Have you written any other software using AMOS?
[Reply]
AlexJ 22:48 29th January 2007
Screenshots now available here

Enjoyable game by the way, a cool idea and very nicely done.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:40 29th January 2007
Hi Edwinner, welcome to the boards. Looks nice the game, haven't tried it yet, but saw the screenshots Alex added to the main site's game section. Perhaps Alex should attach the .adf file here?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up