Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Had to throw a lot of stuff away today
Ghost 19:59 1st October 2008
Hello TiredOfLife,

Actually, I haven't moved, this stuff just stood on an attic for several years before I finally picked it up.
I had hoped to make some room in the meantime but no one is really interested in second hand PC games, even if they look fine.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 21:34 1st October 2008
I'm gonna move this weekend and next weekend, but I'm taking everything with me, I binned some stuff the last time (almost 12 years ago), but I only did that once, never gonna do it again. Plus the house where I move now has double the size and space of my actual apartment
[Reply]
J T 16:02 7th October 2008
We actually did hire a skip once, to clear out the loft. At first it was really painful, but then I stepped back and thought to myself 'this stuff hasn't been used in YEARS, let alone even looked at' and threw it all away, with extreme prejudice. I felt a lot better after getting rid of it all, like a weight had been lifted. And it was a lot easier than moving it all to a newer, much smaller, place. There were a few things I couldn't bear to part with, but all my old Transformers, MASK, Thundercats, StarCon, He-man, Manta Force and those toys got chucked.

It was quite cool actually smashing some of those things to relieve some tension, as it was a very stressful time. One neat thing we did was hide lots of the figures in trees along the streets nearby. Would have been quite amusing to a passer by.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:33 7th October 2008
Originally Posted by :
but all my old Transformers, MASK, Thundercats, StarCon, He-man, Manta Force and those toys got chucked.
You do know that those are all very collectible and sort after these days? He-man figures fetch around £40 each, and I think some of the others like Thundercats might be worth even more. Probably threw the cost of the skip into it that day!
[Reply]
Ghost 19:57 13th October 2008
Hello, sorry that I was away.

J T, what a shame, I would have taken them from you.
Not for the sake of money but because I like that stuff.
[Reply]
Loftus 22:29 17th October 2008
God, i dont even want to think about the things which have been thrown away! (mostly without my knowledge!!)

Luckily we have ebay these days to get rid of the stuff which may still be valuble but just dont have the space for!!
[Reply]
Harrison 22:46 17th October 2008
And also to get back all the stuff we regretted getting rid of years ago!
[Reply]
Loftus 22:49 17th October 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
And also to get back all the stuff we regretted getting rid of years ago!
HAHA! YES! my amiga included there!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up