Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Champions of Krynn
Brintinacx 15:09 22nd September 2008
Downloaded this beautiful game, I remember it fondly. I had never played Death Knights of Krynn, or Dark Queen of Krynn, so I wanted to start with the first one, and work my way thru the rest. However, at the very beginning of Champions of Krynn, you have to enter a town called Throtyl, or something like that. I keep getting a Red box screen, and flashes that there is a software error. It then goes back to workbench. Could it be my settings? Is it the file I downloaded? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:41 22nd September 2008
Are you playing on a real Amiga or an emulated one? Are you using disk images or a WHDLoad file? If you're using disk images then which ones? If you are using an emulated Amiga then make sure your setting are for a A500 1MB RAM. Do not increase the disk access speed as this can cause errors also make sure that you have the CPU setting to Match A500 Speed.
[Reply]
Brintinacx 16:11 22nd September 2008
Sorry about that, more info would have been better, I wasn't thinking. I am running an emulator. Winaue to be exact. I am using disk images. I created a virtual harddrive, and harddrive installed the game. I will try with different settings, I probably have it set too fast. I belive I have it set to match the 500 speed, but other settings I'm not sure. Will come back once I play around with it. Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:18 22nd September 2008
I wouldn't use the HD install from the disks as it can be very tempremental especially as you're not using the original disks. Use WHDLoad instead. Try this for a complete install. If that fails try loading using the disk images. It's a good game and well worth it (If you get stuck D/L SaveED from the main page (yes i've added it at last) and use my editor functions.
[Reply]
Brintinacx 16:20 22nd September 2008
Hey Bul, thanks man, I created a new configuration to match the 500, game runs perfect now. I never have had any problems with the HD install, so will stick with that for now. Thanks man, your a life saver!
[Reply]
Buleste 16:30 22nd September 2008
Sa rite. Good to see someone else who likes the Goldbox series.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:03 23rd September 2008
I completed Champions of Krynn back in time, and I loved it. I also never played one of the other Krynn games, but mainly because I didn't know there were any at the time. After CoK I played Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday, also an SSI RPG, and I also enjoyed that one a lot.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:08 23rd September 2008
And next on my list for a saveed file.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up