Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: More Firefox troubles!
Buleste 14:23 22nd September 2008
Not had it on any sites that need a log in. I've even tried the dodgiest sites possible and never had anyproblems with certificates and i've never switched off any security measures and I'm not sure if i'd know how to in FF. Guess i must be lucky.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:32 22nd September 2008
Can you check something in your FF settings, just to see if it is set the same as mine?

If you go to Tools/Options and then go to the security tab, are the first three options on that page ticked?
[Reply]
Buleste 14:50 22nd September 2008
The first 2 are ticked the last one checking if the site is a suspected forgery is not.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:40 22nd September 2008
Ah! That could be what is making mine complain about all sites with SHTTP connections then.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:00 23rd September 2008
I will never understand why people always using new versions of software immediately? I'm still using v2 and it's just fine, what's the need of using v3?? I usually tend to use older versions for at least 6 month, that's also the case with a new OS.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:06 23rd September 2008
Normally I would agree. Especially with OSs. However with browsers I always need to be using the current version if possible for web development. I do however keep older versions on other computers to test sites with different versions of browser.

But I only ever upgrade once a final version is released. I hardly ever bother with beta releases unless it is a completely new browser.

The one main reason for updating to a new browser version is security or bugs that can cause security risks. Many older browsers contain them. However in M$ case I think they pride themselves on adding more with each new release!
[Reply]
Buleste 15:10 23rd September 2008
M$. Ironing out old bugs by introducing new ones.
[Reply]
Sharingan 17:01 23rd September 2008
I think M$ purposefully introduces bugs in their products just so they can sell you more security software (antivirus, antispyware etc.).

That, or their engineers are simply f&#%^ clueless.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:36 23rd September 2008
I would say all of the above
[Reply]
Harrison 09:25 24th September 2008
It is a secret agreement going on between M$ and the security companies. Just think of how many people now work in the security market. Without the coding genius of M$ they would all be out of a job!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up