Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: New hardware platform for OS4!!!
Harrison 14:09 23rd September 2008
Thanks for the link mate. Interesting reading.

I still would really like to be able to run OS4, just to know I've used it and run it as an OS myself.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:03 23rd September 2008
Well it might be more reasonable in price in the not too distant future.

Some people to seem to think it will be released for the Efika, which can be bought for a very low price.

Others seem to think the price of the Sam will drop as the newer model the EP will be cheaper to manuafacture.

Plus you might get a bargain if somebody decides to sell their old Sam to upgrade to the newer.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:23 24th September 2008
That is a good point. Further development on a motherboard will normally always reduce manufacturing costs, especially as they work out ways to integrate functionality into less chips on the board. Lets hope this happens.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:48 26th September 2008
I have used OS4 briefly and liked it. Not used OS 4.1, but since it is avaliable for the A1 I might be able to next month at Lincolnshire Amiga Group if rockape brings his A1 as I think he ordered a copy of OS4.1.

It is good to know that we are finally getting some new hardware, and I would say that compared to an A1, £400 is probably a good price.

I would think an Efika would make a very good system for AmigaOS. Didn't someone say somewhere that the developers have managed to get OS4 to run on quite a few systems (i.e. not just the Mac Mini)?
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 13:02 30th September 2008
Spoke to Rockape yesterday, he has definitely ordered 4.1.

Rumours of Sam being produced by Ikir for 330 euros.
Don't know how true that is.
Will do some further digging.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up