Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread: How Many Amiga Mags do you own?
AlexJ 23:09 6th July 2007
Does anyone remember a magazine called Bad Influence? It was also a cross-platform magazine and I think was based on a TV series of the same name.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 23:14 6th July 2007
I might even still have some copies of Rampage (I think that was what it was called) which was a disk-based Amiga magazine (I think there was an ST version called Stampede, as well)

Again, more details will come to light over the next couple of weeks.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:29 6th July 2007
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
Does anyone remember a magazine called Bad Influence? It was also a cross-platform magazine and I think was based on a TV series of the same name.
I never saw the magazine but I remember the TV program well. It featured the two presenters Andy and Violet. And Violet Berlin went on to host another Gaming TV show more recently on the Bravo channel called Game Pad which was quite good.

Here is a site all about the show: http://www.bad-influence.co.uk/

It even has links to the complete first episode from each of the four series so you can watch them again.

Something else I just remembered about it was the "datablast". At the end of the show they would tell you to start recording on your video recorder and then for 30 seconds they would display loads of text screens very quickly. You could then play them back later and pause them, and jog through the frame to actually read them all. They contained walkthroughs, cheats, tips and other game related info.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 15:33 12th July 2007
Have catalogued my computer magazines and I have the following:

Issues 1-25 of Zero (excluding 22)

ACE issues: 26-30, 32-41

The Games Machine issues: 17-23

If anybody is interested in taking them off my hands (as I dont have the space for them) please PM me.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 06:16 13th July 2007
I would love to get hold of those magazines, but now I'm living in Norway again, so the postage would be horribly expensive. I'm sure some of the others living in the UK are interested though. It is a nice collection of mags.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:22 13th July 2007
I would love to get hold of those magazines. I could then scan them in to share with everyone else and ready for the magazine section. The issues of Zero are especially of interest to me as I don't have many. Do you have any of the coverdisks?
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:22 14th July 2007
Unfortunately not. It seems they have all disappeared into the same place and all those biros disappear to.

Sorry about that, but the zero mags are still in excellent condition.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:37 14th July 2007
Oh well. At least adf's of coverdisks are easier to find than copies of the actual magazines. I'm still interested in the magazines. Let me know how you wish to proceed?
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 15:08 14th July 2007
The easiest way for me would be if you are not too far from Portsmouth (which I have ascertained from previous posts (the ones about arcades) that you are quite close) and able to get here, then I can give you my address and mobile. That way we can arrange a time for you to pick them up.

I am happy to see them go to a good home. Let ne know your thoughts.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 21:36 25th July 2007
I have every issue of every Amiga magazine.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Up