Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread: How Many Amiga Mags do you own?
Edwinner 21:52 31st January 2007
Before my subscription on Amiga Format (25 pieces or so) I was a regular buyer of Amiga Shopper (the serious Amiga magazine ). I think I have 45 of those. I also had a subscription on some Dutch Amiga magazines (one called "Amiga Magazine" and one called "Amiga Scene").
[Reply]
Harrison 22:07 31st January 2007
I completely forgot about Amiga Shopper. I didn't buy many issues though, maybe 3 or 4 at most. That is quite a number you have Edwinner. Do you also still have the Dutch Amiga magazines?

Would you be interested in helping out with the classicamiga magazine section once we start it? We are first concentrating on finishing the game and demo sections, but once those are nearly complete I will be launching an Amiga magazine section on the site which will contain Scanned copies of each Amiga magazine in PDF format.

Does anyone remember a magazine dedicated to Public Domain software? I forget the name of it, but it covered public domain and shareware on the Amiga, ST and PC. I don't think it lasted that long but the issues I bought were quite good and covered a wide variety of current and existing PD disc releases.
[Reply]
Edwinner 19:20 1st February 2007
I don't have the Dutch Amiga magazines anymore.

This PD magazine wasn't it simply called: Public Domain?
[Reply]
Harrison 23:18 1st February 2007
It might have been. I will have to look for the issues I have and find out.
[Reply]
Toasty667 09:49 10th May 2007
Got rid of all mine when I sold the A1200.

In my opinion Amiga Power was the best. Fab cover disks to boot.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:54 10th May 2007
I now have 3 or 4.

Unfortunately though with Total Amiga stopping I may not get many more in the future. I still have some subscription left though so will get a couple of Amiga future (english) issues to see how good it is.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:09 10th May 2007
Exactly the same as Ste.
[Reply]
Sharingan 09:45 4th July 2007
Sadly, only a few copies of Amiga Power (one of which is in many pieces), one issue of Amiga Computing and two issues of Amiga Format.

My cousin used to buy every single issue of AF, AP, CU, AC, Amiga Shopper and various other mags. Whenever I go visit, I sometimes read some for old times' sake.

The trouble with imported magazines is that they often cost 3 to 4 times as much as the original (GB) price. I could never afford the stuff, unless I was willing to give up on buying CDs, clothes, booze and so on
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 19:43 5th July 2007
It appears that my parents have dug up my near-complete (AFAIK) collection of Zero and ACE magazines...

Now I have got to go through them and sort them out and 'bin' the ones I don't want.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:29 5th July 2007
Don't bin them. We need them for the site!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6
Up