Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: End of the World?
Buleste 10:24 10th September 2008
Well the LHC is on line now and so far nothings hap........
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 10:29 10th September 2008
The world better not end today, we've got a new TV coming and I want to watch the footy tonight...
[Reply]
Harrison 10:40 10th September 2008
Not much loss if it just means the end of football!

They have so far only tested it by firing a particle beam in one direction. It will be on 21st October when they start to experiment with collisions. Then we will find out if it is really the end.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:48 10th September 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
They have so far only tested it by firing a particle beam in one direction. It will be on 21st October when they start to experiment with collisions. Then we will find out if it is really the end.
I won't start buying my Christmas presents yet then!!
[Reply]
burns flipper 11:09 10th September 2008
You won't 'find out' it's the end, you'll just...be in heaven or whatever.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:14 10th September 2008
That depends on which theory you think will happen. The one I find most believable is that it will destabalise the Earth's core causing the faught lines around the world to generate huge earth quakes and for all the volcanoes to erupt. The UK will feel it but should be spared initially so we will at least get to witness the destruction of part of the US first.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:23 10th September 2008
You never know it might reactivate old fault lines in which case you might see Mount Snowdon go BOOOMMMMM!!! Hey Submeg isn't Austalia pretty close to the Pacific Ring of Fire???? Sorry Harrison looks like you might loose Neighbours as well.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:27 10th September 2008
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Not Neighbours!

At least we will have a few months before the UK catches up with the Australian episodes, so I can continue to enjoy it for a bit. Now that is sad!
[Reply]
Buleste 11:30 10th September 2008
Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Harrison will be watching an Australian soap whilst the world burns!!!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:00 10th September 2008
And I will get a back up generator so I can continue after the power grid fails!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up