Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Wedding and Honeymoon
Harrison 20:51 5th September 2008
Does that apply for my wife as well? We are not sure how it all works regarding the name changes.
[Reply]
Teho 22:07 5th September 2008
In Norway it has to be made official by an application to the national register, which in normal cases is granted without any fuss. I think deciding the name is one of the things you do during the preparation of the wedding documents but am not 100% sure.

Congratulations on a succesful wedding and a great honeymoon! Two weeks now and still happily married, many don't last even that long you know. Keep it up!
[Reply]
toomanymikes 07:39 6th September 2008
All the best Harrison - sounds like you had a great time!
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 18:22 6th September 2008
Congrats to you both.

I take it the pervy video will be hosted on Youtube?

Tried the lemon drink last week, it was the dogs nads.
Will defo be having another go at that.
[Reply]
burns flipper 07:12 7th September 2008
It works for any name change under any circumstance. She's only 'Watts' or whatever after the wedding since that's what she's chosen to call herself from that point in time - there's nothing inherent in a wedding that changes your name. You could legally start calling yourself Mr & Mrs Stinky-DogsNads from today, and that would be your official name.

Plus, it would be double-barrelled and therefore cool.

Welcome to the world, you are now officially Mr and Mrs Stretton-Watts!
[Reply]
Submeg 07:16 7th September 2008
Sounds like a great time was had, good to hear! Now I want to travel damn you....
[Reply]
J T 10:37 8th September 2008
Originally Posted by burns flipper:
As for the name-change, nothing legal is needed. Under UK law, youjust use your new name and inform whoever needs to know of it (electric company etc). A Deed Poll is just an official document that states you have already changed your name, it's not what actually changes your name. Calling yourself with the new name does that.
Is that actually true? I thought that there were some rules - ie you can't bestow yourself with a title nor can you have something offensive or with silly punctuation/characters.

A lot of companies asked to see copies of our wedding certificate before they would change my wife's name on things.
[Reply]
burns flipper 11:54 8th September 2008
Yes, but that's their own company policy.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:03 8th September 2008
Congratulations

Here in Luxembourg it's just the opposite with the name, the man one's name comes first, then the woman's. Therefore it would be Watts-Stretton.
[Reply]
Shoonay 14:02 15th June 2009
@Harry: pics or it didn't happen!

(And congratz, btw )
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up