Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Google Chrome
Buleste 09:43 2nd September 2008
Google are releasing a beta version of their own from the ground up web browser today. It may be good it may be crap but i'll be damned if i can find a download at the moment to give it a try and guarenteed any spyware hunters you have will flag it up straight away.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:20 2nd September 2008
Screenshots can be found here (Is it me or does the logo look strikingly like Firefox or maybe even a classic Simon?).
[Reply]
Tiago 17:04 2nd September 2008
Is it availabe now?
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:52 2nd September 2008
Apparantly it's not available until tomorrow, as the info about the release wasn't supposed to be out before the day after. After what I've read on other sites, Google made a bit of mistake there.

Will be interesting to try out this new browser. I'm used to running Firefox, but I'm open to new alternatives.
[Reply]
AlexJ 19:35 2nd September 2008
Using it now - first impressions are that it's quite a nice UI, maximising website space - the tabs go instead of the titlebar for example. The classicamiga forums for example (quite complex with usage of AJAX etc.) render fine in it. A lot of design feature mimic other browsers - there's a version of Opera's speeddial for example, and the offer to save passwords is done exactly as in Firefox.

A things I haven't seen before like the currently active typing field gets highlighted in yellow.

EDIT: Maybe spoke a little too soon - you can break the rendering of CA if you shrink the window enough.

[Reply]
Puni/Void 19:48 2nd September 2008
So it is out then? Looking forward to have a look at this!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 20:14 2nd September 2008
Alex, that is not limited to the Google Browser. FireFox and Opera do that as well. Strangley, IE didn't, that just kept the page a certain width and added a horizontal scroll bar.
[Reply]
burns flipper 20:33 2nd September 2008
One day Google will 0wn the intarweb.
[Reply]
Buleste 20:36 2nd September 2008
Google DO own the interweb!!!! Unfortunatly M$ own the desktop.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:15 2nd September 2008
And I own the universe!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up