Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Which Internet search engine do you use?
Puni/Void 10:53 25th August 2008
Which Internet search engine do you use and why?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:22 25th August 2008
I use Google almost exclusively. I will have to start using others occaisionally, as I was looking for a website which I visited a few years ago and again about 6 months ago but could not remember the address or find it on Google. The guy I was talking to on IRC at the time diid a quick search on Lycos and found it.

Back in the day I used to use quite a lot of search engines. I would look at Google, Ask Jeeves, Lycos etc. One good reason for not using Ask Jeeves any more is that they got rid of Jeeves. Ask on it's own is boring.
[Reply]
FOL 11:30 25th August 2008
Google, finds everything I need, so no point in using others.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 12:13 25th August 2008
Used Yahoo years ago but Google finds a lot more these days.
Should try a few others I suppose.
[Reply]
Tiago 12:26 25th August 2008
Google,

and for Portuguese websites works much better then our own national search engines.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:26 25th August 2008
Meh google finds almost everything so I don't use anything else. Used to use Yahoo sometimes and a few others, but always Google now
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:10 25th August 2008
Originally Posted by FOL:
Google, finds everything I need, so no point in using others.
Same for me.
[Reply]
Sharingan 13:25 25th August 2008
www.booble.com

Actually, Google too. The term 'googling' has become part of our vocabulary - I don't think the founders of Google expected it to become quite so big.
[Reply]
Teho 14:05 25th August 2008
I use Altavista. Only because I wanted to try something other than Google. I do use Google when Altavista fails to find what I search for, but then I don't find it in Google either. So couldn't really say which is actually better.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:09 25th August 2008
When i first stated using the internet i'd use yahoo or ask.com and then i found google and as it finds most the stuff i look for (even some of the obscure stuff) i only ever use that.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up