Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: why amiga?
StuKeith 15:49 24th August 2008
I mean, non of us still use 386/486 pcs anymore!

So why do we still use the Amigas?

[Reply]
Buleste 21:18 24th August 2008
Why not? It's the same sort of spirit that keeps 100 year old cars on the road and makes grown men dress up as Roman centurians.....Plus a little insanity.
[Reply]
Teho 22:01 24th August 2008
I don't know, if I had room for it I wouldn't mind having an old DOS rig set up. But as it is I don't even have space for any Amiga to be set up permanently.
[Reply]
Tiago 22:01 24th August 2008
I use it because it change my youth.
It was like a way of living, a style, i dont now, it was something very special, and still is.
Every time i play an Amiga game i feel great, and it's good to now that we make part of community that keeps it alive !!
[Reply]
Submeg 22:54 24th August 2008
Originally Posted by StuKeith:
I mean, none of us still use 386/486 pcs anymore!
It's because they suck. Plain and simple.
[Reply]
Ghost 01:44 25th August 2008
I don't know, I love old DOS games.
[Reply]
FOL 10:55 25th August 2008
I still use mine, cause the games are still as fresh now as they were back in the day. I mean the game play in todays games suck. Plus DOS games of the same time, sucked in gfx and snd.

Another plus point is Amiga WorkBench is so cool and easy to use.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 11:30 25th August 2008
Mine is in everyday use.
The OS is easier to use, and it's obvious what everything does.
No strangely named files plastered across the drive trying to access the internet for purposes unknown.

In a strange way, there is more choice over various proggies used.

For whatever reason the majority of people use what comes with their OS.
Outlook, Internet Explorer, Media Player, etc.
Don't have to do that and people who are into computers a bit more will look at the various alternatives.
But the majority of PC owners don't.

Because the Amiga doesn't have these as part of the OS, Amigans go the full length of the counter before making their purchase, so to speak.
[Reply]
FOL 11:40 25th August 2008
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
Mine is in everyday use.
The OS is easier to use, and it's obvious what everything does.
No strangely named files plastered across the drive trying to access the internet for purposes unknown.

In a strange way, there is more choice over various proggies used.

For whatever reason the majority of people use what comes with their OS.
Outlook, Internet Explorer, Media Player, etc.
Don't have to do that and people who are into computers a bit more will look at the various alternatives.
But the majority of PC owners don't.

Because the Amiga doesn't have these as part of the OS, Amigans go the full length of the counter before making their purchase, so to speak.
Indeed, I agree 100%. I remember as a kid teaching myself how the commands worked in C dir. If you typed what your thought it would 90% of the time work. You try that on MS DOS and it tells you to sod off every time, .
[Reply]
my_lo 18:33 25th August 2008
Because the Amiga has done for me much more than any other computer ever did (and will ever do).
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up