Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Oh my giddy aunt!!!
Buleste 12:48 2nd August 2008
You know that Smurfette is a skanky whore don't you. She gets boned by all the other Smurfs whilst Papa Smurf watches in his Gimp outfit.
[Reply]
J T 13:08 4th August 2008
Muppet Babies was ace, you jerks
[Reply]
Harrison 23:12 4th August 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Just to whet the appitite go here for the US intro to Fraggle Rock (notice theres no lighthouse its Sprocket with an old geezer in a shed).
Ah! I completely forgot about this. In the US the Fraggle Rock episodes were all different to the UK originals. In the US they redid all of the lighthouse parts and replaced them with an old wood worker guy in a shed with Sprocket. And Uncle Traveling Matt was changed too!

It's not good with the Americans are in charge of this new film then as they will follow the US version of the original series. That's a bit depressing!
[Reply]
burns flipper 18:53 5th August 2008
How can they change Uncle Traveling Matt?? He had his own song and everything. And why change the lighthouse? They have lighthouses in the US. Must have been because Captain Birds Eye was Scottish and no realm exists outside their borders.
[Reply]
Buleste 08:39 6th August 2008
Fraggle Rock was a joint British (TVS), the Canadians (CBS) and the Americans (HBO). The two versions were done at the same time. The british version change it to the lighthouse keeper (Fulton McKay, John Gordon Sinclair and Simon O'Brian) and the British version of Uncle Travelling Matt so that it had more relevence to the British audience. The lighthouse was St Antony's Lighthouse near Falmouth.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:15 6th August 2008
And the French and German versions were also different. One of those was in a bakery.

I just don't think it works as well if it isn't in a lighthouse. The fact the light house is on Fraggle Rock works really well.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 12:19 7th August 2008
But the bakery would have 'Fraggle' Rock Cakes!
[Reply]
Buleste 12:24 7th August 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
But the bakery woul have 'Fraggle' Rock Cakes!
Wouildn't it be better to create Fraggle Rock Pies? You'd be able to have gravy with your diced Fraggle.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:16 7th August 2008
How awful! That goes against every vegetarian principle the Fraggles have! I like it! Fraggle Pie and a slice of Dozer cake.
[Reply]
Buleste 19:48 7th August 2008
I can picture the pie now. Beutifull short crust pastry with Fraggle tails sticking out of the top filled with diced Fraggle and radishes with a luscious, rich gravy. It's not just any food. It's Gorg food.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up