Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Elite IV on it's way (eventually)!!!
Buleste 10:57 1st August 2008
Just found this news article about everyones favourite game series.
[Reply]
Zetr0 11:34 1st August 2008
@Buleste

Man... when Merlin sees's this he is gonna have organisms
[Reply]
Buleste 11:39 1st August 2008
Originally Posted by Zetr0:
@Buleste

Man... when Merlin sees's this he is gonna have organisms
Tell him to use yogurt on that or at least go to the clinic.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:58 1st August 2008
I still wait for a next generation space shooter for consoles, maybe this could be the one.
[Reply]
Merlin 13:08 1st August 2008
*drool*

*wibble*

In the meantime, I am Teh r0xx0rZ at Oolite, I am sharpening the old fighter skills...

[Reply]
Tiago 15:29 1st August 2008
huuuuuuu, that should be a great game.

what about "Elite 3 First Encounters" Is it similar to Frontier?
By the pictures i saw, graphics look better, but what about the rest? Sound, gameplay...?
[Reply]
Harrison 16:12 1st August 2008
First Encounters plays in exactly the same way as Frontier. It has nicer PC graphics (although so does the PC version of Frontier) and a few new additions, but it wasn't really all that different. You can still play it via a virtual machine or DOSBox. Worthwhile if you'e never tried it.

As for Elite 4! I can't wait!
[Reply]
Bloodwych 19:49 1st August 2008
Yeah, I played First Encounters until the end. It has bugs and would have benefited from more polishing, but I quite enjoyed the concept of the papers running varied missions and adding background info.

As for Elite 4, they've been harping on about waiting for consoles/computers to be powerful enough to run their revolutionary universe. I really hope it's something special, but I think all we'll continue to get are paper releases and stalling for some good time yet.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:57 1st August 2008
I also think this. They have been saying another Elite is in development for a long time. In the last interview with David Braben I read a while back he said its development had begun, but it was put on hold until the technology caught up that could realise the game's universe.

Lets hope the PC and PS3 are now at that level.
[Reply]
Teho 00:01 2nd August 2008
I did hear a while ago that he believed he'd make it for the current generation. Glad to hear that this definitely seems to be the case.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up