Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Your favourite Demo Music
Harrison 15:55 31st July 2008
There are a lot of great music tracks released as part of demo productions. I was wondering what some of your favourites were?

If we get a good list we could then release a mod pack of our favourites.
[Reply]
Teho 17:30 31st July 2008
Oh hell, where do I start? Misery Dentro II had one of Virgill's first songs Breath Control which was very good, Clairvoyance had a great track by Doc Holiday and Twilight, and then there was all the demos featuring Jester's music, including Extension, World of Commodore and the musicdisk Jesterday.

Desert Dream and D.A.N.E. by Kefrens can't be left out, neither can Interference by Sanity which has another track by Virgill. Andromeda had great music in their demos too, DOS is good and so is Sequential. And their musicdisk Mirror is a must as well. Sanity's Arte has several good tracks, and I also like Yaz's soundtrack to Day of Reckoning by Digital. And their musicdisk Extemporized is worth listening to as well.

That's all or most of the one's that I allready uploaded and linked the soundtracks to on the main site, so there's the reason for all the links. Have a listen, or better yet watch the demos as they and their soundtracks complement eachother as they're supposed to.
[Reply]
Sharingan 17:30 31st July 2008
One of my favourites has to be 'Mindriot', from the same-named Andromeda demo.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 18:22 31st July 2008
The one tune, other than my own useless cr4p, that always sticks in my mind is Upon Me by Dr. Awesome (I think it was). I just love the way he layered all the guitar effects and the crowd in the background. Real stadium atmosphere!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:37 31st July 2008
Wasteland, the music from the RSI Megademo part with the vectorballs, done by Romeo Knight. I always loved that tune.

Part 5 on this site.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 13:39 8th August 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
There are a lot of great music tracks released as part of demo productions. I was wondering what some of your favourites were?

If we get a good list we could then release a mod pack of our favourites.
Sounds like a grand plan. Are you thinking of an archive of our favourite tunes, or an extended one with a coded selector and interface?

Hmm.. my favourites? It's hard picking out just a few, but I'll do my best. Demos are in random order.

Psychedelic by Virtual Dreams and Fairlight

Heartcore by IRIS

Control by Oxygene (Legendary tune from Clawz! Always liked this one.)

Mindflow by Stellar (So many memories from watching this demo! Great tune from Strobo. If you haven't listened to it before, do it NOW! )

Beyond the Future by Union (Excellent stuff.)

Lech by Freezers

Pulse by Nerve Axis

Divine by Gods (Yes, it's a slideshow, but the music is very good.)

Worlds by Gods

There are of course many more demos I could mention here, but I'll stop now. I've included YouTube links, so that you can listen to the tunes yourself.
[Reply]
Cortona 13:06 16th September 2008
It's been such a long time since I saw any demos that I'm really struggling to remember the ones with good music. I remember Andromeda's Sequential was good, there was a composer called 4MAT that did some good tunes but I can't remember what/who for! Did the Freezer's demo that came out prior to 'Lech' have good music? I think it was quite manic...
[Reply]
Harrison 13:46 16th September 2008
For Sequential we have the soundtracks and the whole demo as a video on the site. You can find it here.

You can also search by artist name on classicamiga. So for example, searching for 4-MAT will give the the following search result here.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 14:42 16th September 2008
Originally Posted by Cortona:
Did the Freezer's demo that came out prior to 'Lech' have good music? I think it was quite manic...
I assume you're thinking of the Wit Premium demo? I personally think it's great demo music, even if the tune is a bit hectic. If you would like to watch the demo again, we have it available for download on the main site. Head over here to check it out.
[Reply]
Cortona 19:09 16th September 2008
Yes, it was Wit Premium I was thinking of. Haven't seen that for at least 12 years! Thanks for posting the link. OS X thinks this is an MPEG, is that correct? When I try to open the file in my default MPEG player - QuickTime 7.4.5 - it doesn't work, with the helpful message "The movie could not be opened." Or is it an ADF?

Harrison, thanks for the links, I sometimes forget that there's the main classicamiga web site!

And how could I forget: CAOS and Birdie Nam Nam on the Budbrain Megademo!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up