Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Your favourite Demo Music
Harrison 22:26 16th September 2008
Originally Posted by Cortona:
Yes, it was Wit Premium I was thinking of. Haven't seen that for at least 12 years! Thanks for posting the link. OS X thinks this is an MPEG, is that correct? When I try to open the file in my default MPEG player - QuickTime 7.4.5 - it doesn't work, with the helpful message "The movie could not be opened." Or is it an ADF?
I just checked that for you and it seems that amigascne.org (the ftp the file download is from) have forgotten to include the file extension on that download. It is actually a DMS file (the Amiga Disk Masher format). Just add .dms to the end of the file name. The Windows emulator WinUAE handles DMS files just the same as a disk image (ADF). Not sure about Mac emulators but I would think UAE-X would be able to also open them in the same way, loading them into the emulator as a disk in DF0: Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by :
Harrison, thanks for the links, I sometimes forget that there's the main classicamiga web site!
You're welcome. Can't forget the main site!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 08:41 17th September 2008
Yes, it was Wit Premium I was thinking of. Haven't seen that for at least 12 years! Thanks for posting the link. OS X thinks this is an MPEG, is that correct? When I try to open the file in my default MPEG player - QuickTime 7.4.5 - it doesn't work, with the helpful message "The movie could not be opened." Or is it an ADF?

Harrison, thanks for the links, I sometimes forget that there's the main classicamiga web site!

And how could I forget: CAOS and Birdie Nam Nam on the Budbrain Megademo!
You're welcome. As Harrison wrote, you can just add .DMS to the filename of the Wit Premium demo. Although, I've now replaced that download with a working one. So you can just click on it to start downloading.

The Budbrain Megademo is a true classic. If you head over to the main site, you'll find an updated version of the page. I've put up both disks for download, along with a video of the whole demo. Hope you'll enjoy the show.

If there's any specific demos you would like to see on the main site, please give us a sign.
[Reply]
Harrison 08:49 17th September 2008
Originally Posted by P G:
If there's any specific demos you would like to see on the main site, please give us a sign.
That is a good idea. I will post a new thread so people can post video requests for the demo section. Then we can add demos by priority.
[Reply]
Cortona 12:15 17th September 2008
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get Wit Premium a go in E-UAE.

The demo request thread is a good idea. I noticed there was a Budbrain movie on YouTube last night.
[Reply]
Cortona 19:45 22nd September 2008
E-UAE doesn't natively support .DMS files. I'll have to see if I can find a DMS de-archiver (or just wait until my replacement internal floppy drive arrives for my 1200 and listen to it through my 1084 monitor...)

Anyway, I couldn't see Share and Enjoy's 1990 'Amazing Tunes II' music demo on Classic Amiga's demo section. That has got some corking tracks, from the Happy Mondays Step On rip-off 'Get Down Em' to Weapon's 1 and 2.

There are .lha files of the mods scattered around here.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:48 23rd September 2008
Use XDMS for de-archiving the files.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 20:24 23rd September 2008
E-UAE doesn't natively support .DMS files. I'll have to see if I can find a DMS de-archiver (or just wait until my replacement internal floppy drive arrives for my 1200 and listen to it through my 1084 monitor...)

Anyway, I couldn't see Share and Enjoy's 1990 'Amazing Tunes II' music demo on Classic Amiga's demo section. That has got some corking tracks, from the Happy Mondays Step On rip-off 'Get Down Em' to Weapon's 1 and 2.

There are .lha files of the mods scattered around here.
Your request is noted. Will upload Amazing Tunes II and some other stuff from Share and Enjoy soon.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 10:10 28th September 2008
Amazing Tunes II is now available for download at the main site. Here's the link. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up