Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: New Tron Movie gets first trailer
v85rawdeal 10:08 27th July 2008
Comic-Con just revealed a BIG surprise courtesy of an old school property that’s about to get a big screen revamping.

We have just seen footage of a new “Tron” movie and yes, Jeff Bridges is back!

During a Disney panel that was ostensibly set up to promote “Race to Witch Mountain,” the studio waited until the very end to reveal their new version of “Tron.” And the new film has an official title, “Tr2n.” Yes, it is officially a sequel.

Since no casting or release date had even been announced for the film, the debut of fully completed footage, much less starring Jeff Bridges, caught everyone by surprise.

And it wasn’t just the fact that Bridges appeared in the teaser, the Oscar-nominated actor appeared to be playing two different characters — Flynn (from the original) and a younger version of himself.

Here’s what was shown:

Calling in a second to explain.

Bootlegs of the trailer were online, but have all appeared to have been taken down VERY quickly.
[Reply]
Teho 11:01 27th July 2008
That is some real cool news! I'll definitely be looking forward to this one.

Bootlegs may have been pulled, but it's still all over YouTube.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 11:14 27th July 2008
Just avoid clicking on the ones labelled 'Full Screen Exclusive'!!!
[Reply]
Zetr0 12:11 27th July 2008
!!!!!OMG!!!!!

I think i have just soiled myself
[Reply]
Ghost 02:40 28th July 2008
Makes me think of TRON 2.0
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:38 28th July 2008
Originally Posted by Ghost:
Makes me think of TRON 2.0
Is that the PC game?
[Reply]
Ghost 14:57 28th July 2008
Yes but supposedly there was also going to be a movie with the same title.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:37 29th July 2008
Even with the video being very small and slanted in the bottom corner of the camera that took it, you could still see enough to know it looks great.

A working video can still be found at http://io9.com/5029516/tr2n-rips-you...ght-cycles-off
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up