Poll: Do you use WHDLoad
Do you use WHDLoad
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: WHDLoad
    woody.cool 19:11 28th July 2008
    Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey:
    Yes, check here.
    Cheers! I think I may get a registration.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 00:31 29th July 2008
    At only £15 it is worth it. That isn't a huge amount of money and you support a great project and at the same time remove the annoying registration screen and wait time.
    [Reply]
    woody.cool 08:33 29th July 2008
    Do you get a file through email or do they give you a number to type in?
    [Reply]
    my_lo 08:54 29th July 2008
    You receive a file via email. That file is personalized which means that if you have paid with a paypal account named "Olivier Dubois", you will receive a file with that name. The launch screen of WHDLOAD will display that name as well...
    [Reply]
    woody.cool 10:26 29th July 2008
    Originally Posted by my_lo:
    You receive a file via email. That file is personalized which means that if you have paid with a paypal account named "Olivier Dubois", you will receive a file with that name. The launch screen of WHDLOAD will display that name as well...
    Does it still have that long delay (showing the launch screen) before the game starts?
    [Reply]
    Buleste 10:29 29th July 2008
    It's much quicker. Some of the delay is due to the preload. If you have a large game e.g. Beneath A Steel Sky CD32 it takes ages for the game to start. This is because there is soooo much to preload.
    [Reply]
    killergorilla 10:05 30th July 2008
    Originally Posted by woody.cool:
    Originally Posted by my_lo:
    Does it still have that long delay (showing the launch screen) before the game starts?
    It only shows the second launch screen, the one with the game name by default.

But just edit your whdload.prefs file and add the line "SplashDelay=0" then you won't get a single splash screen before your game starts.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:17 30th July 2008
    Except it is useful to get that second splash screen as it gives you some important information, such as which key has been mapped to quit.
    [Reply]
    killergorilla 17:37 30th July 2008
    Originally Posted by Harrison:
    Except it is useful to get that second splash screen as it gives you some important information, such as which key has been mapped to quit.
    Not exactly helpful when I've globally set my quitkey
    [Reply]
    Harrison 11:03 31st July 2008
    Do you know if the quit key is globally set in the ClassicWB packs? I noticed they are all so far using F10. But globally setting a quit key could cause issues as some games will be using that key for an in game function.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up