Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Do you use WHDLoad
Do you use WHDLoad
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: WHDLoad
    Demon Cleaner 14:49 28th July 2008
    Currently I'm only using WinUAE to do screenshots, and it works fine just booting the games from the discs, I wouldn't say it's easier, but never tried WHDLoad out, because I didn't need it so far.
    [Reply]
    Tiago 15:23 28th July 2008
    I finaly installed ClassicWB and i try the first kgwhd package.
    Works nice!

This is really a good software.

anyone nows how much space for the full kgwhd packages ?
    [Reply]
    Buleste 15:31 28th July 2008
    I'd recommend going to http://www.whdownload.com/ to get individual downloads. The site doesn't have all the latest updates but it does have a lot and that way you can get the version that you want. That is of course if you don't want to D/l all the KG stuff.
    [Reply]
    Graham Humphrey 15:36 28th July 2008
    I think if those people who don't currently use WHDLoad (especially on a real Amiga) give it a go they'll never look back.
    [Reply]
    Buleste 15:39 28th July 2008
    I agree. If you have a real amiga nad a hard drive then get it. It's one of the most usefull pieces of software out there especially if you own a 1200 and are having problems with some of the older games.
    [Reply]
    Bloodwych 15:41 28th July 2008
    Originally Posted by Tiago:
    I finaly installed ClassicWB and i try the first kgwhd package.
    Works nice!

This is really a good software.

anyone nows how much space for the full kgwhd packages ?
    About 4.3GB uncompressed!!! And that doesn't include the demos.

However, many games are clones or different languages, so you can probably squeeze that down by quite a bit. I'd say you can get pretty much every game you want onto 4GB hard drive, but with 2MB memory you may have issues with multi-disk games. You can play with the icon tool types and get rid of "preload" which loads all the disk images into RAM first, that sometimes helps. You can also hold the left or right mouse button on boot to save memory, as ClassicWB has multi-boot features:

http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/multiboot.htm

Still, you will run into one or two that refuse to run, That's when you'll need fastram.

Did you find the script icons for adding games to the WHDLoad launcher? All you have to do is double click them and they'll do all the work for you.
    [Reply]
    Tiago 15:49 28th July 2008
    Originally Posted by :
    Did you find the script icons for adding games to the WHDLoad launcher? All you have to do is double click them and they'll do all the work for you.
    no,
    i just go to the games directory, choose a letter,choose the game and double click the game icon....
    but i notice that if i go to "lanch" and then games it has only "bloodwych" ...
    [Reply]
    Bloodwych 15:57 28th July 2008
    Originally Posted by Tiago:
    Originally Posted by :
    no,
    i just go to the games directory, choose a letter,choose the game and double click the game icon....
    but i notice that if i go to "lanch" and then games it has only "bloodwych" ...
    Double click that drawer/folder (named "files") next to the Launch icon. Have a look inside and double click "AddGames".
    [Reply]
    woody.cool 17:22 28th July 2008
    I use WHDLoad and have done for some time, however still unregistered.
    I wonder if anyone knows, but is it still possible to get registrations for WHDLoad? (purchase registration from WHDLoad)
    [Reply]
    Graham Humphrey 17:39 28th July 2008
    Yes, check here.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up