Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Emulation Basics.
PiAnt 18:00 28th July 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Which version of Amiga Forever are you using? Nice Asterix Background BTW.
Not sure, but folowing your lead I clicked the update, which appears to be repeatedly asking me to check for updates, but won't actually update... Ahh there's an update... I gotta pay

Ok on it.

I'll get back to you...

Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Game is Hunter
You are indeed correct. I'll pick something a bit more obscure next time to test you. (Do you know what the first screenshot was???)

Got it working (it's in the middle at least) and moving the bloke about but how to start the boat's engine????

Here's the Asterix background...

[Reply]
Buleste 18:06 28th July 2008
I suggest you don't bother with AMiga Forever but use one of the other Hard drive packs.
[Reply]
PiAnt 18:18 28th July 2008
I suggest you don't bother with AMiga Forever but use one of the other Hard drive packs.
Well, the just downloaded updated version of UAE seems to work well would you recommend I get a hold of something else too? Can you point me in the right direction?

Appreciate your insight btw cheers.
[Reply]
Bloodwych 22:09 28th July 2008
Can you point me in the right direction?
To start with, work your way through this list:

http://wiki.abime.net/amiga:workbench_packs
[Reply]
Teho 23:07 28th July 2008
Originally Posted by PiAnt:
(Do you know what the first screenshot was???)
Walker of course. You need to have a look at our Quiz section, apparently.

Most of the time the Amigas used a resolution of 320*256. When doubled as most do when emulating that's 640*512. Set the window size to that then you won't get any borders in it. You will sometimes need a bigger window, but for the classics that'll be fine 99.9% of the time.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 20:28 31st July 2008
Originally Posted by PiAnt:
That's decided it.... I want an Asterix Theme on the PS3!!!
[Reply]
manni7rehal 23:56 25th June 2010
Hi

thi seems all too confusing,

I download the winUAE 2.1.0, it comes with the kick start believe, i donwloaded lotus challenge 2, it took ages to load. there must be a better way or am i not doing something right.
first i thought i needed to load kick start, but with the WinUAE, its there in the configuration, it hink i am right?

does the whole screen needed to be used,?, can soemone help, also how do i copy games onto a floppy that can be layed on my amiga 500+?

many thanks

manni
[Reply]
Harrison 00:37 29th June 2010
No, Kickstart rom files no not come with WinUAE. These are still commercial and sold, so are illegal to share for free. But as you own a real Amiga you are legally allowed to have a copy to use with the WinUAE emulator.

And once you have the kickstart roms, in WinUAE you go to the paths menu and navigate to their location in the roms entry, and then click the scan kickstart roms button. Once done you can then go to the quick start page, put the game adf in the DF0: drive entry, select the type of Amiga you wish to emulate and click the Start button to launch the emulation and boot the Amiga. You can speed up loading by going to the floppy drive section and turning the emulated speed up to 800%. Some games won't like this, but most work fine.

To copy ADFs into real Amiga disks you need to copy the ADF files to the Amiga and then use a program such as the Workbench program ADFBlitzer, which will take the ADF and write it directly back onto the floppy disk ready to boot. To get ADFs onto the Amiga you have a few options. Copy the files to a PC formatted 720KB floppy disk, but ADFs are 880KB so need to be LHA compressed first, and then decompressed once on the Amiga. Or use a CF memory card and PCMCIA to CF card adapter with an A1200. The copying ADFs to the Amiga is easy.

Another alternative is the Amiga Explorer package which you connect a PC to an Amiga using the serial ports and a null modem cable, then from the PC you can select the ADF, stick a disk in the Amiga and the PC end of the software will write the ADF directly to the Amiga disk in the Amiga drive. You can use any Amiga for this, even an A500. But it is commercial, from Cloanto, and can be purchased standalone, or as part of the Amiga Forever emulation package.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up