Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 3 4 5 6
Thread: An Xbox360 or a Playstation 3?
Demon Cleaner 11:37 29th July 2008
And I mainly bought the PSX to play RPGs, not for most of the other games, because such RPGs didn't exist on the PC. I bought the PSX after playing FF7 anf FF8 on the PC! Then a friend showed me other RPGs he owned, and I was totally stunned. So I bought one, chipped it, and collected RPGs, you surely know the procedure. But I still played most other games on my PC.
[Reply]
Zetr0 12:33 29th July 2008
i dont know why but that reminds me of Vandel Hearts... an awesome RPG!

well worth getting a PSX for.... i need to start leaching PSX ISO's from UG for my XBox
[Reply]
Harrison 13:50 29th July 2008
How good is PSX emulation on the Xbox? I've never tried it. I just tend to either use the chipped PSX I still have, the PS2, or convert them to run on the PSP. Running PSX games on the PSP is great and breaths new life back into them again.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:55 29th July 2008
I tend to use the original hardware with the games, besides older consoles of course. When I play a SNES game, I run it through an emulator, but I still use a PSX to play PSX games, not a PS2.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:05 29th July 2008
The PS2 does have the advantage of being able to smooth the textures for many PSX games. This definitely makes some of them look much nicer. Tenchu for example looks much better.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:14 29th July 2008
That maybe right, but I prefer the original look. It is also known that with certain PSX games, the PS2 displays wrong textures, and to avoid that, I use the original.

You also know that I'm still using scanlines in MAME to get the real feeling.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:29 29th July 2008
Oh, I do that too. MAME games look to blurred and not nice without them. I also upscale MAME resolutions to the native resolution of my monitor as that makes them look much nicer.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 3 4 5 6
Up