Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: PsxMC ripper
Demon Cleaner 07:20 23rd January 2007
Anyone interested in extracting screenshots, music or movies from PSX games? Here's your tool:
Attached: psxMC v3.23.rar (930.1 KB)
[Reply]
Harrison 11:49 23rd January 2007
Very nice. Thanks

I may try this out later to extract some music.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:10 23rd January 2007
I just tried it on Syphon Filter, which I had at work (?), and it worked fine. It just extracts what you want and saves bmp, wav, avi files to your folders. Pretty cool.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:19 23rd January 2007
Sounds good.
[Reply]
Teho 16:36 23rd January 2007
I used to use PSXMC a lot a few years ago, to extract soundtracks and capture some of the cooler FMVs from some games. (and to watch the endings of some games I never completed, I admit.) But that was a much older version, and I remember it was quite a few games I had it couldn't find anything on. I think I'll be trying it out again with this version of the tool.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:35 23rd March 2007
Do you know of any similar rippers for PS2 and Xbox games?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:38 23rd March 2007
I have no idea
[Reply]
Harrison 13:58 23rd March 2007
I will have to have a look around on some of the scene forums I use. I definitely want once for PS2. Imagine being able to rip the audio out of some of the best RPGs for example.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:25 23rd March 2007
Originally Posted by :
Imagine being able to rip the audio out of some of the best RPGs for example.
Yeah *shudder* and some FMV.
[Reply]
Teho 16:47 23rd March 2007
It really depends on the filesystem on the disc. FMVs in PS2 games are often regular DVD tracks. Meaning there's a separate video and audio stream on there that needs to be combined before viewing. I guess it could be possible to rip these, but I never found a good method anywhere. Some people claimed to be able to do it, but there was never a simple method.

On audio-ripping on the other hand, I managed to rip the audio from Gauntlet Seven Sorrows recently myself. It doesn't use a standard PS2 filesystem, but rather Dreamcast format files. Not sure why, or how the game works like that. But anyway, a standard audio-conversion tool meant for Dreamcast audio files did the job there.

My point is, you can probably be successful ripping something by browsing the gamedisc, identifying the audio or video-files, find out what filetypes they are and then search for some conversion tool on the net. Worked for me with that Gauntlet audio anyway.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up