Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Fallout 3 movies
Puni/Void 20:16 15th October 2008
Ghost wrote:

Originally Posted by :
BTW, you all do know that the XBox version has been leaked onto the Internet right? I even know the plot of Fallout 3 by now and boy, its poor.
I'm not surprised about the poor quality of the plot. I've mostly given up on Fallout 3 myself due to what it has become.
[Reply]
Ghost 11:45 16th October 2008
Originally Posted by P G:
I'm not surprised about the poor quality of the plot. I've mostly given up on Fallout 3 myself due to what it has become.
I do not mean it stupid but after reading this plot and its 'twists' I mourn even more for the cancellation of Van Buren, the true Fallout 3.

Yes, it may have had some rough edges but it felt genuine Fallout to me, wonderful new factions, a continuation of lore with plenty of new addition, exciting new gameplay concepts like freeing slaves and asking them to help build a better town.
Ending a war between the NCR and the Brotherhood of Steel, stop a Ghoul maniac from bombing cities with dirty bombs and using humans in insidious Ghoul reproduction experiments, and going into space!

Why ... why?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:54 16th October 2008
Why? Simple! Profit!

The original Fallout 3 would have been great for the series as it would definitely have kept the game world and history intact. However such an RPG style game just doesn't make the same kind of money for the developers and publishers these days compared to the more brainless out and out killing and mass explosion style games.

Very sad, but very true. The publishers are no longer working with small developers who have free reign to create and develop ideas freely. Now concepts and development has to fit into marketing strategies and proven sales statistics.
[Reply]
Ghost 15:38 17th October 2008
I see you have also learned more about the 'new and improved Fallout' Harrison.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:41 17th October 2008
I can guarantee I will still enjoy Fallout 3 though. I always take each new game released as a separate entity, even if it is the next in a series of games. If it does end up following on nicely then that is a bonus, but if a game is good in its own right then that is just as good. And being a fan of FPS games I'm sure I will love it.

However I do get why fans of only RPGs or dedicated fans of the original Fallout games are upset as this isn't a continuation of the series they came to love.
[Reply]
Ghost 12:33 18th October 2008
Ignorance must be bliss, prepare to have it taken away from you.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up