Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Eye Of the Beholder AGA!!!!
Buleste 14:08 10th July 2008
I've just found a web page that claims to have remade EOB1 for AGA. Heres the page. I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT It works and it looks beutifull. It's basically using PC graphics on a AGA Amiga but it still looks good.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:14 10th July 2008
NO WAY! I've got to play this! I love EOB and always wished the Amiga version's graphics were the same as the 256 colour PC version. So now we have the best of both. The much better audio from the Amiga version, and the more detailed and higher colour PC graphics. Awesome!!!

Are you going to add a new entry for this on the site? I think it deserves its own page rather than just a note on the original game's page.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:28 10th July 2008
Who's the Daddy???
I'll sort out something soon.
I found it via this webpage, I'm no good at reading Slaavic languages but somethings look the same in every language. Thats what i get for trying to fing stuff on Evils Doom. (just wish i could get winUAE to unpack the evils doom exe on there.)

Just noticed that our very own Zetr0 is mentioned in the Doc file for giving technical help. Also CFou is working on DuneIIAGA!!!!

I've added a quick page and some quick screen shots to go with it. I'll fill in the details, add a link and do some more screenshots when i've got a chance.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:36 10th July 2008
Have you also noticed there is also an EOB II AGA remake? http://eob.wikispaces.com/EOB2+AGA+GAME
[Reply]
Buleste 16:05 10th July 2008
I've just been reading a eab thread on that but couldn't find a link. Thanks for that. More work to do.

Added a quick page on the main site.
[Reply]
Zetr0 20:38 10th July 2008

some of Jacks and Cfou's best work to date there people... I just brought good looks to the party
[Reply]
Buleste 21:21 10th July 2008
Boy, would i like to have been blind at that party!!

Do you know if they're doing DuneII_AGA??
[Reply]
Zetr0 23:03 10th July 2008
There is some talk over it.... and I believe CFou has done some decompilation of some of the file types, But alas I am to get into it.... to many other projects at the moment LOL

There is another Wiki project as well for EOB, I really need to maintain it a better, the idea behind it is ONE of them is complete decomposition of the EOB engine and files, including compression methods, data store and game handling, the other project is to put all this into an editor for the game designers
[Reply]
Harrison 12:02 11th July 2008
It is amazing that such projects are launched and completed. Just shows how great the Amiga community is.

I was thinking. If fans can extract the graphics, along with other files from a game and manage to rebuild it with the higher quality 256 colour graphics, so that it runs on AGA Amigas, why the hell didn't the original developers do this back in the day? The fact that fans can do this proves that it isn't that difficult a task in the great scheme of things, especially for the original developers of the game, who would already have the graphics from the games anyway, so they wouldn't need to fiddle around extracting anything. Quite mad! I can guarantee an AGA re-release of EOB would have been very popular and everyone who bought the original would have wanted it. I know I would have.

An AGA version of Dune II would also be really great. There are also quite a few other Amiga titles that saw 256 colour PC releases. Any of those planned for conversion/update by anyone?
[Reply]
Buleste 12:05 11th July 2008
I think they were looking at mainly Westwood games.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up