Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Eye Of the Beholder AGA!!!!
Zetr0 14:46 11th July 2008
The EOB AGA came about from the collision of 3 other projects,

Jack Assers Eye Of the Beholder for the Commodore 64 (its awesome) part of the C64 Competition, he got first for his work with EoB64

CFou's Amazing passion for decompiling EOB and hence EOB2, he also re-done EOB into other languages such as French / German, Itallian as well, the guy is a French Lawyer and can absolutely run rings around my ASM!!!!!! so much so, by the time i have worked out the block movements, he has alread tied 100 knots!!!! LOL

Xuantu's Eye of the Beholder Reconstruction Project (various platforms), I believe he has built a level designer, atleast in part and 3D

so the collision of the above caused a huge fusion of debate and deelopment of EoB AGA
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 14:50 11th July 2008
Downloaded EOBII and EOBII AGA some time ago and never got round to comparing them to the originals.

Will have to do that over the weekend.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:55 12th July 2008
I wonder if it would be possible top convert EOBIII to the Amiga?
[Reply]
Buleste 10:47 14th July 2008
I've added a link to SaveEd for those who want to enhance their abilities on both EOB and EOBII.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:05 14th July 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
I wonder if it would be possible top convert EOBIII to the Amiga?
I got hold of a copy of EOBIII for the PC a long time ago, but I've never played it very far. Really should at some point. And yes, it would be amazing to get an Amiga conversion. I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. The structure and graphics are no different really to EOBII on the PC. However you would need to recode the whole game unlike the previous ones where the PC graphics were added to the existing Amiga games.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:08 14th July 2008
I managed to D/l a copy of EOBIII i just haven't managed to play it yet. I'll have to get the latest version of DosBox first. Still it would be nice to have the complete trilogy on the Miggy though.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:09 14th July 2008
To give people an idea of the differences in graphics between ECS and AGA versions of EOTB I've redone the screenshots for both versions and taken then in nearly identical places using the same save game. More than anyhting it shows how good the original version actually is.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up