Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Life's a drag
Teho 10:45 10th July 2008
That's thanks to your pessimist attitude I bet. When people meet you for the first time they probably think you're acting bored and uninterested, and that immediately leaves a bad first impression. Try to avoid that. Meet new people smiling, act with more enthusiasm towards them even if you don't have any. You'll find that their attitude towards you is different I think.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:21 10th July 2008
Originally Posted by Teho:
act with more enthusiasm
That is exactly the problem. If you're a certain type of character, it's just difficult to act like that, because you simply can't. And that again is difficult for others to understand, because they have another point of view and don't or often don't want to understand that some people just can't shift from a depressive into happy mood in seconds.

I'm quite a pessimist too, as I always fear the worst and worry about everything, and sometimes this behavior makes me depressive too. Like yesterday, some things went wrong in the morning, nothing big, but in no time my mood altered from cheerful into angry --> aggressive --> depressive, and I kept that mood the whole day, stayed home and watched TV, I was just unable to switch back to cheerful again. And some people just can't understand that, and honestly, I sometimes don't understand it myself, why I'm not capable to pull myself together again?

It is certainly not easy to understand such persons, but I for myself search contact when I see such persons, I can feel the mood they're in just when I see them, and I try to cheer them up. But most people tend to ignore or even mock them.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:32 10th July 2008
If people either don't like me or don't want to know me because i look miserable, f*ck em. They're not worth knowing as they're superficial bastards. It also means that the people who try to get to know you when you have a face like thunder are people you want to know as they're mostly good people. Being a miserable bastard (like me) filters out the fair weather friends and the ****ers and leaves you with the creme de la creme of people.
[Reply]
Teho 12:20 10th July 2008
I was talking about leaving a good first impression, not changing your character just to suit other people. Be who you are, of course, but if who you are alienates most people the moment they meet you, then just maybe it could be an idea to leave a better first impression. So at least they got to know who you really are before running for the hills. Most people are superficial bastards like that, that's just the way of the world. We're all guilty of judging others on first impressions on occasion, it doesn't make any of us bad people.

Look I can relate, I certainly never was the most social of people either. I'd rather have only a couple of close friends I see a lot than a large group of superficial friendships that I don't really value much. But in Steve's case there are none according to himself, so I thought it might be an idea for him to at least try and not alienate everyone from the get go. I wasn't trying to attack depressed and lonely people by saying it's their own fault or anything, I'm sorry if that's the way you read it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up