Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: MorphOS 2.0 is now available.
Buleste 09:44 2nd July 2008
MorphOS2.0 has now been released for Pegasos/Effika. More information can be found here.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:22 2nd July 2008
Wish I had a way to run this. It surely must be catering to an ever decreasing user base of PPC users these days. Can MorphOS run on old power Macs?
[Reply]
Buleste 14:31 2nd July 2008
To the best of my knoledge no due to the Macs ROMs. I'm not even sure if it'll run on Amiga Ones and there is no hope in hell for a ClassicVersion.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 15:18 2nd July 2008
As is stated on the official homepage of MorphOS, this version can be run on the Efika and the Pegasos 1 and 2. I've read in a forum that AmigaOne is not supported, the same goes for MAC.

There has also been many dicussions concerning the price of the OS, as it is quite expensive:

Originally Posted by :
Please note that a MorphOS 2.0 key is available at 111,11 EUR (includes 19% VAT) as an introductory offer. On Tuesday, the 15th of July, the price will go up to 150 EUR (includes 19% VAT).
Also, AmigaKit charges 177.74 EUR for the Efika, but it could be that you can get it for less somewhere else.

Anyway, it's positive that there's a new product on the market.

I'm not going to invest in either a new computer system or the OS. Are you guys?

By the way.. Is there a lot of software available for MorphOS? Games? Programs?
[Reply]
Buleste 15:21 2nd July 2008
There are a few MorphOS games and a lot of Amiga software does work although some requires emulation. TBH it's about as well supported as OS4.0.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 15:25 2nd July 2008
Thanks for the info, Buleste. What kind of Amiga software generally works with MorphOS? Are we talking Workbench-based productivity applications or can it run games and demos as well?
[Reply]
Buleste 15:29 2nd July 2008
Most MUI based applications and games will run. I think EyeCandy, some browsers. I'm not entirely sure as the only experiance i've had with MorphOS is trying to get MOSPUP to work and that failed. Of course if you would like to buy me a Effika and MorphOS2.0 i'll be perfectly willing to write a full report for you.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:43 2nd July 2008
Well... here is a video showing MorphOS running on a Mac Mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dGPvkt3Tjs

And here is a video showing Amiga OS 4 running on a Mac Mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W7ajFhu7PE

So it is all possible, and Mac Minis can be bought quite cheaply these days. I've very tempted!

Oh... and finally a video showing MorphOS running on an A4000T:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lKe5DZcreI
[Reply]
Buleste 15:56 2nd July 2008
Just noticed that MiniMAC MorphOS couldn't be MorphOS2 as it's only just been released and the vid is dated from January. Also the OS4.0 miniMAC only shows the kickstart screen being loaded not the entire system although it has been reported that miniMACS could run them it wouldn't be without some major modifications.
[Reply]
Buleste 18:46 2nd July 2008
I'm going to give MorphOS PowerUP a try again being as no one wants to buy me an Effika and MOS.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up